1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dillon Haters are Down Bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Nov 12, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His over/under for tonight's game is 10.5 points would you guys take the over?

DD

kpdark likes this.
  2. kpdark

kpdark Member

3. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Just missing "First time poster, long time reader" :)

BMoney and kpdark like this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

So you would rather the Rockets be bad just so you can be right about something? Sounds like the haters are actively rooting against him just to be correct. You know a sign of intelligence is when people are able to take new data and change their analysis of something. No one is going to be right about everything all the time, but the people who are not able to change their opinion due to an ego usually are self conscious about their own intelligence.

5. kpdark

kpdark Member

6. kpdark

kpdark Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. StroudAndYorDaddy

Lebron and klutch sports had all but banished Dillon brooks to China after last season.

dillon brooks didn’t write back tho

apollo33, kpdark and kubli9 like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Everyone has to have a hot take every day. Otherwise, no likes for you!

kpdark likes this.
  10. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I love this. I was neither here nor there at the signing but damn I love his swagger. The theatricality. The Svengali-esqe belief in himself. Basketball Rasputin!

11. HROZ

HROZ Member

Yea I was wrong about Brooks

He's fixed his efficiency issues & shown himself to be a leader.

OkayAyeReloaded and kpdark like this.
  12. kpdark

kpdark Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A leader would not have called out the Grizzlies now that he is cooking......not mature but emotional.....

If he had resentment, do it in the offseason.....

14. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I’m all for it if it fuels brooks the way it has since the summer with fiba tournament . I’m sure they asked him questions and what’s he to do lie or avoid it ?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fair enough but that just means he is not a leader per se which is fine.

• He could be one of the veteran players that lead during games.
    • He should not be the one in front of the microphone, it was an ugly thing what was going on in Memphis but that one is for the offseason though.
    • Especially when he plays better in response than him announcing something he cannot possibly execute.
    • He should be grateful he is out of Memphis because Memphis was bound to have a bad season after all the good seasons they had over the last years. Suspensions and injuries included.

16. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

It seems like he has learned some lessons and also it helps Udoka being his head coach . I think Udoka was the perfect coach for him . I am pretty sure I read in that SI article Udoka saying “If you’re gonna talk back it up”. I love that . We are so lucky to be in the position we are ! All the dominoes fell the way they should have !

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My response has nothing to do with how he plays, it was just directed at any player to not comment on things that should be put aside until the offseason to deal with.

Memphis did not need him and moved on.....so should he. The only difference is he had beef with Lebron and then exited.

The Rockets moved on players like Hartenstein, Capela, Garuba and other players as well.

HTownTmac1 likes this.
  18. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

But that’s the thing . Memphis does need him .. the proof is there with stats on both teams … also he has a way bigger impact on this team than those players had with us..

I don’t mind him taking about it right now . Like I said the questions were bound to be asked during the season . He’s not gonna back away from answering

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Memphis is not mature to contend, they proved it with Morant not being a leader.
    That ship is about to sail.

Dillon is never going to get a coach like Ime again, I mean he is basically playing better than in Memphis right now.

Memphis is not Houston where they needed veteran guidance to be better, I think they have lots of other issues to deal with.

Also their Offense is pretty bad, they should re-structure that, and that takes a major shakeup.

Historically they had the best bigs like Pau, Marc Gasol, Zbo Randolph which bolstered their interior Defense and could pop on a dime. For now they are leaning on guards to deliver.

#39 daywalker02, Nov 17, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    HTownTmac1 likes this.
  20. Melik

Melik Member

Dillon is a warrior. He was not liked because he did too much trashtalk. At the same time, he shot more than Morant and JJJ in some games. But Ime raised himself to such a level that he is not the same anymore. He turned into a completely different person.