1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C.J Stroud...the purest QB

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

This guy is a god fearing human, mentioning Jesus when interviewed.
    Whats not to love about this guy as a TEXANS!!!!!
    This guy will not bring the DRAMA like Watson

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Surprising how quickly posters on here forget what that beginning of Watson’s time was. And how we try to diminish it because of how it ended.

dude was wholesome, humble, gave glory to god, mentioned loving Houston, and gave us great and exciting play with a complete doofus as a HC. Watson turned out to be a POS who ruined our team along with BOB. But let’s not just crown CJ as being better because he’s so different. I definitely think CJ is different, but not because he says thank you to Jesus after each game.

Also, can we stop praising players for praising God? It doesn’t make you better than other people. I am a believer in God, but that doesn’t mean I like it when people shove their religion down other peoples throats.

4. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

You said it like God and Jesus Christ doesn't deserve all Glory and Praise.

Everyone in this world believes in God. That's right. It may not be in the creator of the universe but they believe in something.

Giving credit where credit is due is a good thing.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

LOL what? There are tons of people who believe in science and reality

Verbal Christ, cbass and Red.Glare like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Let us praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

ROCKSS and Qan like this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Whoops I did not know I entered the D&D. I was looking for the T&A.... Off to the hangout.

red5rocket likes this.
  8. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he ruined our team.
    He put us through dark times.
    To reep the benefits of "THE TRADE" that laid the foundation for what we are smiling with most every time we have dinner on Sunday this year.

houstonstime and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Qan

Qan Member

Man, he had such a humble attitude his first year and even a few after that. I truly felt we had a good kid, but when all that stuff came out it just felt like a slap in the face. I didn't even care he wanted out, because I understood the Texans were becoming dysfunctional and felt the time was over. I can never root for Watson, and could care less for him after the Browns fulfill their last draft pick to the Texans.

I just hope this time, the way Stroud is right now, is the real him. I'm not religious and it doesn't bother me in anyway when he shows his devotion before every interview. I think this is the real CJ...no way one can keep lying to themselves with the amount of dedication and devotion he's shown before every interview.

Red.Glare and houstonstime like this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I definitely get a better feeling from stroud. Not that the initial feeling from Watson was bad, but something about stroud just seems so awesome and true.

also, to clarify, I am not bothered at all by stroud giving glory or talking religion, all good, it’s the ppl that take that clip and show it around as if it’s the only/best part about him. Either way, love the kid.

11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's one thing to say it and something else to be it. CJ has already been tested and refined by fire in his short life.