1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 11/10/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

When you rely on LeBron and social media to have a loud opinion that ends up wrong...

@YOLO
    [​IMG]

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

He also had 95(!) Def rtg last night, also team high +/- +13, and was +12 team leader the whole 4th quarter.

[​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Always said a good player, but if it were not for Ime, nobody could control him......it is just luck that Ime can control him.

Pop as great as he is, he could not control Rodman, but Phil Jax could or at least he let him fly to Vegas and this ish....

burlesk likes this.
  4. cdrive

It looked like you were trying to discount Dillon’s stellar defensive performance last night by mentioning Ingram “did make 2-3 long range bombs.....that is how Pels were up till the last 3 minutes.” in response to Dillon’s advanced defensive stats. Did I misunderstand you there?

For the record it wasn’t “2-3” or “3”. It was 2. And 1 was iso on Sengun. The other was Dillon with a really good close out but it went in. Incredibly misleading, I’m my opinion. You made it seem like Dillon was responsible for Pelicans being ahead in the 4th which is objectively incorrect.

raining threes likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dillon's defensive performance last night was masterful. It reminded me of the cerebral **** Battier would do preparing for opponents besides the trash talking. Dillon goes up another level on that.

I'll admit that I did not want Dillon on this team, however, my gripe had nothing to do with his defense it was the fact that he supposedly wanted more touches. I was afraid of him coming to the Rockets and being that disruptor that would potentially cause chemistry issues. However, his whole demeanor has been different and I do credit Ime for putting a system in place that doesn't emphasize an individual but rather spreads the wealth.

If Brooks keeps playing this type of defense, we are seeing a potential DPOY. If the Rockets keep this **** up, the media is going to eat it up and potentially put Dillon in a position to win the award.

6. cdrive

@ElPigto, love the post. I’m just saying, we rockets fans and Clutchfans for so many years like to eat our own, but there’s no need for it this season. This Dillon, FVV, Udoka thing is working so far. So this a big welcoming tent, with the door flaps open. It’s warm inside, we got coffee and donuts and plenty of seats!

I think most of us were iffy on Brooks; that’s totally fair. But, knock on wood, it looks like it’s working out and paying off big time!

burlesk, ElPigto and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

An in season tournament sounds corny.

8. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

it is so beautiful to see so much positivity on this board after 3 years of misery.

that game last night may have been the best one in the last 2-3 years.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’m sure Silas wishes he had VanVleet and Brooks, but he needed to be more authoritative and discipline the young Rockets when they played lazy, disinterested basketball defensively or offensively. He should have immediately benched guys for stretches of game action for lack of effort and energy, telling them “if you will play hard, you can go back in.” He enabled their bad habits to persist on the court and was his own worst enemy in that regard.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I also didn't want Dillon for the same reason. So far he is exceeding my wildest expectations as an offensive player--only taking 9 shots per game on an absurd .695 TS%? That won't continue, he will probably take more shots and his efficiency will definitely plummet, nobody is that efficient as a perimeter player. I still expect that overall he will be, at best, an average offensive player on the season, but seeing what's transpired so far, I'm a lot more optimistic he can get to that level and not jack up too many bad attempts in the process.

If he can score 14 points on 10-11 attempts while continuing to play at this defensive level I will eat all the crow and call this a fantastic contract.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Shane Battier more like it.

BamBam and DVauthrin like this.
  12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Battier, PJ Tucker, Mario Elie...all in the same vein.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

finally got around to watching the whole game. interesting to see Segun and Je Green on the floor together. Has that been a regular part of the rotation? worked well to put JeG on Zion, leaving Dillon to defend Ingram.

and the last few seconds with Eason out there for defense.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. 9baller

9baller Member

Do we get to hang up a banner in we win? :D

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now finally a soccer match instead of baseball. ;) But nothing wrong with Baseball.

17. VoR

VoR Member

You know, VV also stands for W, baby. Homeboy just wants the dubs.

burlesk and basso like this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Poor Yolo. Then he made a bet if the Rockets don't get certain amount of wins he'll quit the site.

Bro is going sadder than his idol Frauden.

Salvy likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His bets are semi fake and if he was a real man he would not bet on silly stuff like who is going to be 15th man on a roster.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lol, all of the Harden nut huggers are getting humbled... @YOLO @jerryclark @larsv8 @ksny15 @jordnnnn @HardenVolumeOne

They fought a good fight defending Harden's honor.....

[​IMG]

ramotadab and cheke64 like this.