1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the deal with Jock Landale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Amen and I don’t mean Thompson!!! Too many dumb people in this organization and on this board who don’t understand the value of size. At least you get it.

jim1961 likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Size matters. My girlfriend agrees ;)

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Corrosion likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Or if you like playing good players, like now so far lol.

Size don't matter if you suck ass.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Backup C is clearly the Rox biggest need. Even coach Udoka is seeing Landale sucks ass played him 5 mins and the never brought him back again.

How come Sengun with a bum ankle moves faster than this dude?

jim1961 likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wasn't he supposed to b back up b? Ole man Jeff Green is playing better than him

roslolian likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are Antman, all sizes matter.

backwardhead likes this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I still think he's not anywhere close to 100%

He did have one nice block last night.

Kinda wish we'd just picked up Drummond though.

How attached do we think the Wiz are to Daniel Gafford?

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

What happened to him?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is just not that good at basketball.

DD

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Probably a good locker room guy, 3rd string Center but as someone you plan to give regular rotation minutes Landale leaves a lot to be desired.

Obvious weak link on the team right now, they have 4 options at center. Alpe is good, Jeff is situationally acceptable but he's 37. He's not playing 82. Boban also situationally effective, less so, and also old. Landale is the remaining option and he just isn't good enough. I don't think we're getting the best version of him due to that ankle injury but feels like either he or Boban have to go. I don't think they're trading Boban. So. Again, Landale is the remaining option.

Would Atlanta take Landale, Oladipo and a 1st for Capela? Because I'd do it.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Problem is Capela is still a 25mpg starter. I would welcome him back to play 20mpg off the bench for us, but how would he feel about getting demoted? Would he buy in?

Also, Atlanta is currently 4th in the East, so I doubt they're looking to trade away starters at the moment.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Amen should be backup
    center once healthy :eek::D

14. MystikArkitect

Not trading a 1st that could turn into Derrick Lively or Jalen Duren for Capela. Landale is fine. We're not winning the title this year. Getting a guy like Lively in the upcoming draft would be amazing. Reserve big like that is one of the very few instances where a rookie is impactful.

jacoby likes this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He looks like the second worst player to put on a Rockets uniform in the last 10years, besides Daishen Nix. His at the rim finishes and putbacks are what happens when you push the shoot button in NBA2K and never let go. The ball just careens to the backboard at 100mph and clangs hard off the rim no matter the angle. No wonder it looks like he’s playing with a lid over the bucket.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Landale looked really good in the playoffs last year, he’s coming back from an ankle injury and I am gonna give him 10 more games before I make my judgement.

18. Dredd

Dredd Member

Why’s there not a worst signing of all time on this?

jock seriously sucks, I mean we could have paid 8 mill to Kelly Oubre!!!

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That's fair... I do believe, however, that Oladipo's contract being kept signals that the team will make a trade at the deadline. If they can lump Landale's in too that's probably the play.

20. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

He's had plenty of decent games, love these takes from idiots that haven't watched him outside of a few games for the Rox in a completely new system coming off back to back injuries and then a concussion to boot. He will never be a superstar but has high ball IQ. Kept seeing takes on gameday thread that he's the least athletic big they've seen yet he spent last season and his entire national team career eating lobs.

Amazing how many people write these guys off as no good after watching about 0.02% of their career. They tend to also be the types that have never played the game themselves too.