1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/8/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Didn't have a chance to watch game 2,3 and 4 but these last 3 I've been able to and the way green has matured and let the game come to him since that atrocious game 1 makes me feel alot better about where he fits with this team. This whole team has grown in a few games. It's crazy. The ball moving around on offense is beautiful and the energy on defense is amazing. They are way further than I thought they'd be this early into udokas tenure. I dont care that it's been against the hornets, kings and Lakers. They might actually sneak into the playoffs. With Stroud too, the city eating good again.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I hope we have a chance for the play in, but its early and after a couple bad losses to begin the season they are getting better.

Tfor3, ThisIsAlanR and saleem like this.
  3. NewAge

NewAge Member

4. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Your mom sister and girl are probably taking turns on you with those strap ons they have on.
    Jk please please don't get butthurt :cool:

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

4-3 is a very pleasant surprise indeed after losing the Magic game by 30. The Lakers did guard Green and even Sengun, although he had his way with them without Davis. Not having a single sniper and the lack of a good backup big for Sengun are our biggest concerns. I'm glad Alpi didn't get hurt after he rolled his ankle. Brooks has been the biggest surprise for me with his consistency.

PS: I'm happy LeBron wasn't able to dominate us.

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

k... always good to get the W (esp. against Fakers)

sooo.. can we play more than half of our games at home & apparently... checks notes... against Kali teams? asking for a friend

7. HookemHorns1250

Astros play every future game on the road
    Rockets play every game at home. Make it happen.

8. HookemHorns1250

People can say “we haven’t beat a healthy playoff (future) team”. Fair, maybe we haven’t. The important thing imo is these are the kind of games we LOST last year.

What we needed to see was hope, a sign that this team has a plan and is moving forward. IMO theyve showed that. Oddly enough I’d say they showed it -because- of the 3 game losing streak to start the season. They bounced back from that and said “that wasn’t who we are.”

BigMaloe, Tfor3, ramotadab and 4 others like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

maybe we didnt. but last year we didnt even beat those bad teams

Tfor3, roslolian and saleem like this.
  10. what

what Member

I see Dillion has that Madmax in him. Lol

11. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Your post meant a lot. And so did all the posts from you guys last night. I'll be showing Mrs. Killatron all of them. It'll make her cry (me too), but in a good way. Thanks again. We really do make Clutchfans the best site on the Internet.

don grahamleone, Tfor3, RCPM and 8 others like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bro we are play in locks and looking for a chance in the playoffs at this rate.

don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er

Great game. These last 4 have been game planned and played to perfection. Very happy to see us turn the corner so EARLY in the season. Well done men!

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Props to Tari Eason for a successful comeback against the Lakers. He scored 9 points, had 9 valuable rebounds and 2 assists.
    His absence was being felt despite our recent wins.

JumpMan, Tfor3, ramotadab and 3 others like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Anyone feel like we didn't even really play as good as we did against the Kings? I thought the team was a wee bit more clunky last night than previously where the defenders were absolutely blitzing the Kings off the line. FVV was forcing things as well on some of the 3s off the catch ala prime Garry Bird. A few spazzy Dillon T.O.s where he was a little too amped as well.

Sengun is an absolute cheat code on offense though. The Kings tried to take Jalen away and Jalen passed it into Sengun and he got Fred/Dillon going. Lakers tried to take away Fred and Sengun got Jalen going. Senhub 3.0 is a sight to behold.

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I wouldn't believe this is the same Rockets team too, but beating Kings back-to back games is not easy and having an easy time against Lakers. Coach U deserves a lot of credit for putting Jalen at PG at times. This is the right formula for a playoff team, anyone can score and not one is crying about touches. Camaraderie is A+. I want to see more, when is next game?!?!?!?!

17. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Armoni Brooks 6'3"

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Dillon is the type of guy Michael Jordan (Bulls) wants, competitive and fierce. Jordan don't want any crybabies, or weak mental players, Dillon is none of that. That is a cool vid.

don grahamleone, NewAge and Tfor3 like this.
  19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I'm loving Dillon Brooks. He's the villain you hate when he's playing on the other team, but love when he's on yours.

Give him the MAX extension NOW!

I kid......or maybe not....

don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This actually makes kinda sense...

Sengun is the reliable consistent presence to anchor and Green is that electric edge that pushes us over.

It can be a future Sabonis/Fox type relationship but on roids.