1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China just beat Serbia so Yao won't grow a beard.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Aug 23, 2004.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

67-66. Yao 27-13 (9-12 FG, 9-10 FT) and played 40 min. His four clutch FTs in the last min tied the game and sealed the win for China.

2. Irene yao

Irene yao Member

hahahahahh.......

3. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

btw, China plays Lithuania next

4. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

I don't think anyone expected Yao and China to beat SM, I know I didn't. SM is one of the supposed toughest teams in the Olympics... but SM has been horrible, and China took advantage.

Whoever won the game, advanced. Yao must be happy, what a rollercoaster of emotions for YM the last couple weeks

Stuart

5. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

He played 40 minutes and didn't look tired. Good news for rox fans

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Great Job for Yao :). Played hard when they really needed it. I hope this determination of his flows into the NBA season. Need some chinese players on our team that suck so he can yell at them and get fired up.

7. feishen

feishen Member

Yao stayed the whole game. He was so tired that he looked to be on the verge of collapsing at the end of game. But the man held himself. China went with him at 65 tie and 30 sec left. Yao fought, got fouled. Clutch two free throws, yeah baby. Serbi's last play went to their big man outside. The plan looked to be draw Yao outside, out quick him or pass to the low post. But Yao once agian didnt leave any room for the break-in and Serbia had to threw up an prayer with Yao's hand in front of it. Game right there. China's in the medal round. Yao was madly happy, like a lion just won in the jungle. Yao!

8. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Like it or not, Yao regards playing for his own country as a higher honor than playing for the Rockets. I sure hope that he plays with that kind of passion for the Rockets. If he can do that, with the tremendous help he gets from TMac, the rest of the league is in trouble.

9. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Yao plays 40 minutes!!! He must be the happiest man in the world!:D:D:D

10. eminemuk

eminemuk Member

hahaha,I'm happy!

11. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

That's miracle. Now Yao wants a medal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.