1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wood has the skills to become an AS but I think his brains was not up to that.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

What value? Green is still on a rookie contract. So his value is that. Say Embiid demands a trade, we can't use Green to swap.

Dumb thread.

Left Block Problem 74 likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I have a feeling you're a delusional Sengun fan

34to11 and Left Block Problem 74 like this.
  6. Dredd

Dredd Member

embiid for green fvv jabari 9 picks.

Get er done Stoney

krosfyah likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I think Green can be a useful piece on a championship team, but not as the premier, go-to guy. He's a slasher and an instant-offense type of guy. There's a place for that, for sure. But he's not the franchise centerpiece -- we have learned that's not his role. He's obviously not a max player -- which could be the actual motivation for us dealing him early... because he likely thinks that he is a max guy.

Let's be honest, he's got something weird going on upstairs -- not ideal. Going to catch up to us eventually.

Richie_Rich, GotGame15, fattz and 2 others like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think this is the likely conclusion.

His value via trade isn't enough to justify the move - Unless you need his salary as part of a bigger deal to bring in an established star.

Otherwise, you let him hit RFA and match most offers - I'm not certain how high I'd go there but I think it likely that his best offers (based off of his play right now) might be in the MLE range and if you could get him on that kinda deal for 3 or 4 years, it's worth the risk to give him more time to develop because he is still so young.
    Worst case scenario his contract is movable in a bigger deal later.

Y2JT and HP3 like this.
  9. Qan

Qan Member

Totally random and off topic, but I fcking hate the rigged NBA lottery.

10. Left Block Problem 74

I saw someone mention Stevie Franchise earlier and I wanted to ask. Where do we compare Jalen when it comes to Stevie? They were both drafted at the same #2 picks with those Franchise expectations that come with that pick. Do you think Jalen will be better than Stevie at his peak, comparable or fall below Stevie. Peak Stevie, like NBA Live 2002 Cover Stevie. lol

11. Moahst

Moahst Member

The problem with Jalen is outside of athleticism what does he really have? Where's the upside on a freak athlete who's offensive skillset is mediocre (outside of wide open dunks) and who doesn't/can't play defense? I don't see him getting much better than he is right now. And right now he's a low efficiency scorer.

Y2JT, GotGame15, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  12. Left Block Problem 74

I think we should keep the young man. He's got tons of upside and a willingness to work as we've seen in the summer and with small changes in his game just recently. Like most kids they just need the right guidance and structure to build that confidence and utilize/mold his skills.

Silas wasn't that guy, but Ime is. Look how he pulls him to the side on the timeouts after a mistake and seems to be direct with him. Gotta let him grow to be a star.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Same kind of mentality when some people advocated giving KPJ a big raise because they thought it would cost more later when he would become a star. The "trade Green NOW" thing is just the reverse of the "pay KPJ NOW" thing.

Some people are so sure of their talent evaluation they talk like they have a crystal ball.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you have to compare, Stevie was a legit PG, not a pure one, but still.

Compare their AS appearances, Steve got 3.....IIRC.

Left Block Problem 74 likes this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Over-exaggerated take. Jalen already has solid-average ballhandling and shooting skills for an NBA guard to go with his elite athleticism, and he's still the age of a college kid. I don't know if he's going to correct his mental lapses and take his skills to the next level--he might or might not--but neither do you. I agree with @Easy, too many posters around here are far too overconfident in their projections. Leave yourself some room to be gracefully incorrect, at least.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we are all stubborn by default but let`s not pretend environment does not play a role.

Kobe would not have been Kobe if he played on the Hornets instead of the Lakers.

Who knows what Green would be if he was nurtured on the Spurs, the Worriers, Nuggets or any contender.

17. MystikArkitect

It's time to start thinking about removing some members thread posting abilities.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I said we WANTED a Steve Francis level player at the 2, but we fell short of it, and got a nice role player who can score.

But not a leader of men.

DD

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Plowman's threads make for good entertainment, you are missing out....

Plowman likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We sabotage our own rookies by giving them a sht incompetent rookie hc who couldnt control locker room cancer Christian wood and head honcho kpj. Instead of designing an offense for our youngster we had an offense centered around a guy who never played pg.

Now instead of seeing if they can b good players under an actual coach + solid vets and an actual system, let's panic and have a knee jerk trade. So many anti green folks coming out of their holes.