1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] James Harden's Los Angeles Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2023.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sixers Reached Conclusion Keeping James Harden Was Untenable

“…This was a Sixer team that ultimately decided as an organization that they simply could not bring James Harden back into that mix. That they had gone as far as they could with this. They got back with the Clippers and put together a deal... There was compromise on both sides. The Sixers wanted Terance Mann, they did not get him in this deal. But they did get those two first round picks. The prime of them, the 28th pick from the Clippers.

"What the Sixers want to do now is be able to go out and scour the market. It's probably not going to be in the near term. This is not a time teams are ready to start parting with players. Although I'm sure they'll try to start. But perhaps closer to the trade deadline, or into December, January when more guys are eligible to be traded, you can expect Daryl Morey to go out and use all these picks he's got now...

"The Sixers think they have as much value to go out and look for a player as what Jrue Holiday cost. They didn't have the assets to get Jrue Holiday last time around. But the next Jrue Holiday, if there's a Jrue Holiday type player available before the deadline, the Sixers think they're at the front of the line now. And they keep their cap space for next summer when they want to be able to get a max player in free agency, or be able to have the assets to take on the salary of a big time player. So that's what Daryl Morey wanted in this.

"He was ready to play this out. I think there was a period of time when he thought they could reincorporate James Harden. But Harden made it clear he was not going to play ball, literally, figuratively, with the Sixers. While he had been okay these last few days around the team. When he was around, there was a sense that wasn't going to last and he was going to do what he needed to do to get this team to trade him."

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Surprised to see the clippers currently have the best net rating and the 76ers have the 3rd.

HP3 likes this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yes, if Harden can find a way to get past Denver he will finally upgrade from Swag Champ to NBA in-season tournament world champion.....

ramotadab likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is impossible to not have an Achilles heel.

The Nuggets look as legit as one can look......and their bench is looking better than I anticipated.

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

What in the Furkan was Korkmaz thinking?

6. i3artow i3aller

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Serious question. Are kawhi and pg still elite 2 way or are they all about offense like everyone else these days? This trio would be insane if it was spurs and Pacers kawhi and pg with prime harden but now?

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While the Clips have needed a true playmaker out top for years, they still lack quality interior play on both sides of the ball.

And, give me the odds on at least one of these guys being injured come playoff time.

10. i3artow i3aller

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

The last time an LA team had those vibes. Aging HOFers grouping together for one last ride. Except with less rings amongst their top 4 this go round.
    [​IMG]

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nash Kobe Artest Gasol Howard

joshuaao, Patience and cdrive like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I have read that advanced stats are pretty useless this early on, i think it takes like 15-20 games for them to be "valid" according to holilinger or someone else

apollo33 and HP3 like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know, these super teams of older players don't seem to work out too well.

JoeBarelyCares, Patience and cdrive like this.
  16. Dredd

Dredd Member

Best Clippers team since.

[​IMG]

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

18. i3artow i3aller

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lol. No grievances with anyone in the garm in some time. The block feature worked out well with the Jopat/Hollic nonsense from the TJone/D-Mo “Soon” era.

I came in at around page 2 where you see Massive and other posters saying that Morey got fleeced etc. and that’s what got me thinking about how 48 hours or so ago the reports were showing a pretty dire situation for Harden. Looks like it was a bluff by the Clips but it could very well have easily not been. I could easily have seen Westbrook being very vocal behind closed doors about being against it and given how well he’s playing actually that could very well have made a difference.

Then if the Clips are truly off the table then who is trading for Harden? And if it’s going to a team in a salary dump situation yeah.. I could see Harden thinking a buyout now makes some sense with no other options left. It it was me I’d play it out with Philly and try to improve my market for free agency next summer but I’m certainly not James harden.

Make sense or you should I spice it up with some Fuerer photo shops like what happens over in the Sengun thread?

SamFisher likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, you beat me to this.

cdrive likes this.