1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/27/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You defending him vigorously is telling when all I said was it’s a team game. Several on here demonize one player in Smith while ignoring the fact that it’s a team game. I illustrated the fact that Sengun made bad plays in critical situations. That’s not winning basketball. Whether he had several or one touch foul who cares? I pointed out several items specifically that did not help the team. Does it even matter if Colllins missed the FT? A bad play is a bad play and that develops into habits. The bad plays all add up and the key what coaches preach is to minimize mistakes. I noticed how you didn’t speak on the FT and TO. Again let’s be objective instead of having perception bias.

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

A moving screen is the on ball player’s fault? Lol this is getting hilarious. I suppose a holding on an OL in football is the QB’s fault? Please explain to me your logic. I have played ball for many years and never have i heard a moving screen is the on ball’s guy’s fault. Lol also define terrible and define what good defense means to you and why he isn’t meeting your standard in specifics not generalizations. And no thanks. I don’t have that time or interest to go into your old posts.

#2082 Stephen_A, Oct 28, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Udoka, Fleet, and Brooks did a great job. Proud of the boys fighting to the end. Udoka should've got eject3d to send a message to the Silver and to Green and Bari

Tankeio and Amel like this.
  4. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Cleverly disguied "Sengun is the GOAT" post

5. maypk

maypk Member

If you genuinely believe Alperen is to blame for that offensive foul just stop talking about basketball.

Junebball likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Huh?! Some of yall a beyond stupid

Arnel, Junebball and justinh like this.
  8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

We're just warming up...this season gonna be on fire

fckbandwagons and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. wolstein

wolstein Member

He took only one shot in the 4th quarter. It is very concerning.

Hakeemtheking and Tankeio like this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Rewatch Reflections:
    • The Rockets are generally doing the right things. Feels a step slow though, maybe that's a chemistry issue, new system, inexperience, whatever it is they are just processing a bit slow.
    • The defense is so much better, however, there are entirely too many defensive lapses. Miscommunications. Just handing over free buckets. And to this point, Jalen Green is responsible for entirely too many of them. His individual defensive effort is noticeably different but we still can't abide by handing over free buckets, and by the handful.
    • I'll always wear these Rockets Red goggles but the non-calls for the Spurs are pretty crazy. The last 2-3 minutes of regulation were clownish. There's a zero percent chance the Spurs stay in a competitive game last night without a heavy influence from the referees.
    • Tate is a gem.
    • Sengun deserves praise for this game. Consistency is his key now, because that game in Orlando was ugly.
    • Dillon Brooks is worth at least 20 million. Start putting in your orders for crow now, because the kitchen is going to get slammed soon.
    • Fred. Jeff. Boban?! I can't believe anyone convinced anyone that a team devoid of veteran players was the way to go. Whoever did that should be fired. And called a big stupid head on his way out.
    • Clutch free throws hurt to miss but they count as much as the free throws in the 2nd quarter.
    • Udoka was seen with a big **** eating grin talking to Amen before a commercial break, the announcers referenced it and said he was probably telling him to settle down and play. Amen was really good in the 2nd half. He's gonna be a dude.
    • Udoka probably shouldn't have earned that tech so late in a close game, although I do understand why (and because I had to watch Happy Clappy coach this team, extra grace).
    • Jabari. Man. Tough game. He's so competitive, which is a good thing. Someone, a coach, a vet, his dad, someone has to make sure that competitive fire is focused on the court/opponents and not inward.

Arnel, Roomba, snowconeman22 and 6 others like this.
  11. albuster

albuster Member

Thank you. This is the most refreshing post on this thread. The Rockets showed quite a bit of promise despite the loss considering that they have new major pieces and system. Jabari just needs to settle down watch videos of what he was doing wrong with his shots. He seemed to hurry his shots and his follow through looks awkward and different from the way he stroke the ball during SL. He will be fine and turn into a major threat when he gets his rhythm. I look forward to great improvement from the whole team 20 or so games into the season.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I did, I specifically said we lost because of free throw shooting. I made a point to not say Jabari. Sengun had his fair share of miss free throws. Amen has got to make one also, very winnable game if we just make simple free throws.

Arnel and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kind of looked away and only saw the other side.

14. JazzLakerHater

The only person he should be laughing at is himself. It’s going to take time to erase the stench that he left on this franchise. All of the bad habits that he let fester on this team has to be deprogrammed out of the players.

I have confidence Ime will right the ship but it’s going to take time. And the difficult schedule early on does not help.

AuburnRocket and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At this point we are all out of the closet, no more disguises!

Castian Crew likes this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You can come and with dumb ass retorts but still haven’t explained yourself on why a moving screen is the on ball offensive player’s fault while the screener has no accountability. Lol

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You never said Sengun had his fair share of missed FT until now. You spent the whole first part arguing with me about his TO making up excuses for him saying he didn’t get calls as he isn’t a “superstar”. Then you talked about how his fouls were inconsequential. Then said the lost was 100% FT. Again there is no accountability on Sengun’s play as that was who I specifically mentioned in my response to @CHAMPBOY . But you took offense and was in your feelings then felt the need to respond to my response and argue with me about his play and now ultimately agreeing with me that it’s a team game and everyone is accountable lol.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. maypk

maypk Member

Because on ball players ALWAYS have to wait for their big men to set the screen. I'm sorry I overestimated your basketball knowledge and didn't explain it earlier. I just thought someone who has nearly 3000 posts in a basketball forum would know very basic basketball fundamentals that 8-year-olds do.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Explain to me how Sengun sticking his leg out to prevent the defender from covering the ball handler Green’s fault? His body was set then he decided to stick out his leg. Are you stupid or just extremely biased?