1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 10/25/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2023.

1. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His defense is abysmal, not solid.

His jump shot is busted and he has no other tool for scoring (not even a baby hook)

He has no vertical athleticism. Hell, Alpi is criticized as the lead footed unathletic guy but still has way more dunks than Jabari.

His failure to box out is the reason we consistently fail to get rebounds.

He does nothing to elevate the players around him.

And he’s an on-court cancer who barks at other players rather than focusing on his own shitty play.

His father was a trash player, his cousin was a marginal rotation player and he looks worse than both of them.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets were like in the upper quarter of rebounding teams last year.

Rebounding was actually one of the few things they did well. I'm going to say tonight, at least on the boards, was more of an aberration as Orlando is a really long and big team with Wagner, Banchero, Carter Jr, and Isaac if he can play more than like 10 games this season.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Holy crap we got annihilated
    I mean talk about buzz kill

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This man hates Jabari so much, he's going after family members. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife! :eek:

J.R., Roomba, AuburnRocket and 2 others like this.
  5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Whats the backstabbing about?

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thirty points with no FT's. On 27 shots. Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! ;)

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards likes this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

His jump shot is streaky...and he can and did/does have another way to score.

Alpy ? Really ? Alpy stationed on trhe wing on every possession ? Uhh no...Alpy's ass ought to get more dunks, he plays right in the paint on every play basically.

His failure to box out is the reason we consistently fail to get rebound s ? This team was punked the whole game by the Magic on rebounding. He had 5 in 26 mins...only Alpy had more...8. It was TOTAL team failure on rebounding.

He is an on court cancer ? You are the only one who thinks that. None of his coaches, fellow players, folks in the know in the league think that. Of course, I did say folks in the know.

So Einstein...whose your go to guy for the year ?

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

Scoot with 2/1/1 on 1/6 shooting into the 4th. Derrick Lively has looked the best getting lobs from Kyrie and Luka. Outplayed Victor in their game. Going to be super interesting to see what the Rockets do on Friday vs a Spurs team that lost their opener but looked way more competitive against a team much better than the Magic.

Can't get out rebounded by 20 again.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. AuburnRocket

Yeah...most uninformed...we finished SECOND in the NBA (55.9) in rebounding last year.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. totti_c

totti_c Member

0-3 to start this season, we have a long way to go. Spend some times with family than basketball

12. kpdark

kpdark Member

making them stay to take some heat - proves they're the mainstays :D:cool:

#1932 kpdark, Oct 25, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
    DeBeards likes this.
  13. JazzLakerHater

He is an AWFUL speaker. All he does is mumble and he speaks in a very low pitched manner. I know some might think I’m overreacting, but Jalen Green does not talk like someone who wants to be the leader of a franchise.

slothy420, Amel and GotGame15 like this.
  14. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Beard

15. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

You are underreacting.

GotGame15 and JazzLakerHater like this.
  16. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Still not watchable

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Green needs to put on 12 pounds this season (6 muscle & 6 fat). Then 5 more in offseason.

We need to see where they’re at after a few months under Ime.

DeBeards likes this.
  18. AuburnRocket

Here's the good news IMO....I don't think we could play much worse than we just witnessed. 31 rebounds ? For a game ? Shooting Jalen 2-10,Bari 3-9,
    FVV 5-13 (didn't get going til 2nd half). 18 TO. We will have to figure out where our points will come from. I think that will happen and we will be competitive as opposed to what you saw tonight.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im still just not sold on jalen green. he isn't the guy.

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Jabari’s failure to box out is why we were such a middling defensive rebounding team (tied for 15th in the league @JayGoogle). Time after time, I watch opposing players slip by Jabari because he fails to block out and steal the rebound. You’re absolutely right that rebounding is a team game, but if one guy can’t do something that is taught in PE, the whole team suffers.

My go to (on the current team) is Alpi - he can create his own shot in the post, and he can create for others with his passing. Put him in the post (not at the top of the ****ing three point line), pair him with the guys who can actually learn when to cut and can finish, and the whole offense will work so much better.

Do I think we win a championship this year playing this way. No. But do I think it’s more worthy of prioritization than giving Jalen or (especially) Jabari the ball on the perimeter and watching them take a bad shot or turn it over.

Jabari screaming at Silas to pull Alpi off the court last season told me everything about what kind of teammate he is. A spoiled and toxic wannabe ready to throw anyone other than himself under the bus when the going gets tough.

The sooner we ship Jabari to the RGV and give Tari his spot, the sooner we’ll start winning.

#1940 subtomic, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023