1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Want Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by AkeemTheDreem86, Oct 21, 2023.

?

Boo Who?

1. Boo our Team... But with a Smirk!

2. Boo but Me... OP's a Jerk!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AkeemTheDreem86

At this point, everyone is familiar with the Houston Astros' embracement of the villains' role. Even former players thrive on the boos - I remember shouting at the imbeciles at The Juice Box to stop booing Carlos Correa during Game 2 of this year's ALDS vs. the Twins as he continuously and historically pummeled us in spite of them.

So I came up with a potential remedy to treat our home woes - an idea crazy enough it just might work:

Last night - flying high - I posited to a friend that maybe we should all start ironically booing Jose Altuve and friends when they come to the plate at home.

When I awoke today - still buzzing, but fuzzy - I looked back at the prospect with a reminiscent grin, then sort of laughed it off as celebratory gobbledygook.

But after having watching this Ben Verlander video where he expressed a desire to employ the same tactic, I'm thinking maybe it could grow legs and take off (comments at 12:24):

So, what say you, CF.net?

Boo the good guys with a smirk, or boo me, as I'm just a jerk?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. AkeemTheDreem86

Wut, afraid to answer the poll? You chicken, cheetah?

4. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Never go full r****d.

Castian Crew and RKREBORN like this.
  5. prs325

prs325 Member

No need to boo
    Everyone should just. chant "We want Houston!"

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  6. AkeemTheDreem86

I actually thought about this, too! Maybe that's the better way. I'll try to add the option.

***POLL EDIT: can't seem to edit the poll, so let's add "We Want Houston" chant to the first option!***

7. AkeemTheDreem86

So, that's a no, then?

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

You're tryin too hard, bro.

9. AkeemTheDreem86

To what? Win a game at home so we can go to the WS?