1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs Italy

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by hikanoo49, Aug 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

This is the MOST important game for the CNT. They will most likely lose to the dominant Serbian team so they need this win to finish 2-3 to make the next round.

I predict a 11 pt loss. CNT is playing terribly right now

2. feishen

feishen Member

I wonder why qualifying for medal round is so improtant for CNT, more embrassment if they do. This team is not a contender.

3. feishen

feishen Member

Oh, BTW, New Zeland beat Serbia. 2Ws may be enough to qualify for this pool

4. feishen

feishen Member

not enough to qualify I meant

5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

this is turning out to be a VERY dissapointing olympic showing for the CNT. we have an NBA coach too and still cant compete.

i am amazed by CNTs continuous attempts to play up tempo ball. there is absolutely no reason for them to push it like that.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Man I can't stand this kind of attitude. "We're not good enough, so what's the point in even trying to win." You can't ever get better if you just give up. Fact is, that the CNT making the top 8 shows that they are improving and could spur on more kids to join the sport and improve the talent pool.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and it certainly wasn't built by quitters.

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Why would the CNT even play in the Olympics then? They knew they had no chance for a medal. Your attitude is as poor as the few CNT players who quitted before the end of the 3rd quarter.

8. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

China has a chance if Italian/Serbian scouts didn't watch China's losses to Spain and Argentina. If they don't presure the ball handler, China has a chance.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

So true. Is it really a secret about how to beat the CNT by now? Under full court pressure, the ball handler might not even be able to move the ball pass mid-court.

10. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

No, here is my prediction. They have a 50% chance to get the ball in bound, 30% to get it pass midcourt, 20% to attempt a shot, 5% the ball hits the rim, .3456% it goes in, and -45% that China will win the game.

11. daNasty

daNasty Member

China lose by 20. Italy for some reason will get red hot and shoot threes easily over the crappy team China.

12. daNasty

daNasty Member

The strageties is pretty easy. All Italy need to do is double and triple on Yao and denying the crappy Chinese guards from passing to Yao. So what are the Chinese is going to do when they have a wide open lane to score? Yup, they throw it out to the three pt line and miss.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

If Utah could get to the finals, anything is possible, keep playing hard.

14. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

You know why because in 4 years the next olympics is in PEIKING CHINA and those are the ones that there aiming for atleast a Bronze if they make the quaters then they would get a little satisfaction atleast..

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

*cough*beijing

16. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

they need to hire me as a consultant.

Chen Ke -- no conscience... don't play him.
    Liu Wei -- can score, but also loses the ball in the back court a lot, platoon him with Guo Shiqiang.
    Yi -- too many errors, put Mo Ke in there (shudder)
    Li Nan -- thinks that this is HIS ballclub for some reason. for a veteran he sure doesn't has as much savvy as I thought. Put in Du Feng.
    Zhu Fangyu -- still you best option here.

You need Yao and four role players, otherwise their gonna struggle. The quote from yao about some of these players still thinking they are stars is right now. Bench Li and Liu, and play Yi less.

today's loss not as bad. i actually got to see it on the plane i was so happy!

anyway i'm going to China next week for 3 weeks so i'll try to post but then maybe i won't be able to.

17. pchan

pchan Member

At what point does the chinese player realize they really aren't that good individually even though they can dominate most team in Asia?

And then they would learn their best chance is to play together and play through Yao.

I have watched some local ball in HK, and there is a team call South China which is the champ, they have all the "stars" but when I watch them, they still play poorly as a team. they still win cuz they just more talented, but it is a pain to see all the players think they are all that, instead of working as a team, just because they are the so-called starts in HK.

The CNT just doesn't know their place. Just look at their D.

They need to just lose so poorly to every team that they can go home and have something to think about, change their attitude, work hard, and come back strong 4 years from now.

I wonder does Del Harris gets to pick his starters, I am sure he doesn't get to pick the team.
    I don't understand why yi is starting, he looks LOST out there.
    Liu wei plain sucks, and I don't think he is used to playing against people who are more althletic than he is.

18. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

agree on most part, but they need guys like Yi in there. Yi difinely needs more coaching and position himself better but around 13min./game is just fine. they need send Li Nan home and offically make it Yao's team so they'll forcus more on inside game.

19. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

It doesn't matter that New Zealand beat Serbia. If New Zealand loses the rest of the games against Argentina and Spain as they are expected to, then New Zealand will end up with only 1 win. Italy so far has only 1 win as well (against New Zealand) and so if China gets a second win by beating Italy, they should advance to the next round.

BTW, if New Zealand can beat Serbia, then China should be able to as well if they play well.

20. ty185

ty185 Member

I believe the major reason for yi starting, besides his "upside", is for his quickness. Yao needs someone like Yi to cover the transitional defense until he gets back. Both Bateer and and Mo Ke are on the slow side IIRC.