1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official} ALDS Twins vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

mikol13 and Radricky like this.
  2. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Duster gots to stick it to the man one more time.

3. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Duster gots to stick it to the man one more time.

4. Radricky

Radricky Member

5. RussE

RussE Member

So Singletion and Kessinger get to ride the bench for another series. Glad Blanco was added.

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Tonight, assuming Brantley sits vs lefty, it’s a choice between dubon (with Yordan DH) and Diaz (at DH). Is Diaz too rusty at this point to play. That is the key decision that needs to be made. If so, he is a backup C and might play if we PH or PR for Maldy. The fear is that he inevitably comes up in a big spot and is just too rusty to deliver a quality AB…contact if we need it to bring in a runner from third with less than two outs for example. But he does bring the potential thunder.

if he plays and hits tonight, maybe he is a factor later this series. If we aren’t going to use him here, then it’s dubon and Diaz has a minor role the rest of the series and probably the playoffs.

I’m torn. It’s pointless to argue about Diaz playing time before today’s into the playoffs.

This is a big decision because it impacts the rest of the series. I’ve gone back and forth. Dubon is lower risk and gives you a defensive boost. But so many games in the post season are decided by home runs, and Diaz brings the thunder. But he hasn’t hit as a DH. for me, that’s the key factor. I go with dubon. I mean Diaz. I mean dubon.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It fell into a black hole

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brantley needs to be in as much as possible imo. He will be needed.

Stephen66 likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Actually, I hope he isnt in that I hope our lead is so great early that Kessinger gets in :D

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  10. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Wild that Singleton is on the roster but Meyers isn't. Dana is terrified of the Duster.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

it shouldn't be..

12. Buck Turgidson

Constantinople shouldn't be Istanbul, but people just like it better that way

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Ungrateful BS, ask Patriots fans about the current Coach Belicheat. Mac Jones is equivalent to Maldy. Game 3 can’t come fast enough.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

As i was reading this I remembered someone asking about it

Michael Brantley isn’t about to stop now. Not with him having the time of his baseball life. Not with the chance to finally be out there with his guys battling.

“We all know how hard he works every day just to be able to play and help the team,” Altuve says. “. . . I think he’s probably our biggest leader. Him and Martin (Maldonado) too. Michael’s been in the league so long. He’s passed down so many good things in his career.

CisBuds4U and rocketsjudoka like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember last year in the WS locker room celebration Brantley was there and a lot of people were wondering why. A lot of players then said that he even though he barely played at all he was still very important to the team and a lot of the players looked up to him.