1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ TRADED to the Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Oct 17, 2023.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

People really breaking down the trade breakdown like we give a flying ****

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

That Jalen face is exactly how Jalen probably feels after his best buds were all unceremoniously kicked off the team. That list includes KJ Martin, Josh Christopher and Kevin Porter Jr. The playing with your friends while getting paid big bucks days are over. Time to grow up or get out Jalen!

3. i3artow i3aller

:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

Prison Porter was no one's friend. Nor was Christian Wood.

JayGoogle, ryan_98 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Rokman

Rokman Member

I truly believe his job as PG was to get us the highest pick possible and guess what it got us - Amen Thompson - a taller, even more athletic KPJ who can actually pass, plays defense and who's head is screwed on tight.

Thanks KPJ. . . . and Goodbye!

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Fixed it for you. :)

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hard to believe that Stone flipped KPJ Jr. for all-star level talent.

7. Ancient Moabite

He moved one obsession for his other previous one, win win for Stone-y Montana

jerryclark likes this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

It's like eating a bad burrito and you're stomach is in knots.

Then you go, take a nice long dump, pop some stomach meds for diarrhea, and you're good again.

That's how I feel now that we got rid of this **** stain.

9. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Oladipo is arguably my least favourite Rocket of all-time. But if he plays, I guess not a terrible rotation backup SG. Either way, got rid of the scumbag that is KPJ which is a win no matter what.

linvetb6 likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If that's true, Stone is smarter than he appears. But I'll take it either way now that I've survived it. My biggest concern was that it was stunting the growth and team-ball IQ of the other guys.

11. Rockets34Legend

Nah, haven't heard anything from Ray Rice.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Truly another WOW moment for Rafael The Magician.
    Now we have GOD, AMEN.

Green - Oladipo - Dillon - Thompson.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Inb4 Oladipo gets another max extension offer

14. Ancient Moabite

Jalen was the one who spoke publicly how the team needed a true floor general and better structure, so the Rockets went out and got both in VV/Udoka, KJ got replaced by Whitmore and Josh got replaced by Amen which is better for the team right now and long term

Which makes Jalen the secret head honcho/de facto shot caller, so he must know its time to belly (grow) up in his pivotal 3rd and 4th seasons, awareness is such an underrated trait in today's microwave fast food society

kpdark likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

So many on this board crapping on this trade are probably the same ones slobbering over the Bullock signing. Dipo is hurt so just a salary filler, but Bullock should not be in the rotation. I need to visit some other team’s boards just to see if they are as basketball challenged as this one. Stone f***ed up by extending KPJ, but this trade is better than I expected and did give us at least some salary relief. It really doesn’t matter about guys after 10 in the pecking order. If we extend to a 10 man rotation it will start out as:

FVV/Amen/Holiday
    J. Green/Amen/Holiday/Cam
    Brooks/Tate/Tari/Cam
    Jabari/Tari/Tate
    Sengun/Landale
    If Landale isn’t ready then Jeff Green will get some minutes. Bullock may get minutes ahead of Cam to start, but unless his shot comes around he is trade fodder or a waive candidate.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Dipo giving the thumbs up on the trade ...

[​IMG]

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Houston Rockets Legend Victor Oladipo

napalm06 likes this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Again with OlaCreepo? He sucks.

Little Bit likes this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m not a Stone supporter and having to attach assets to move kpj is his fault. But it’s important to give credit where it’s due. I didn’t think offloading him and keeping his salary slot open for a future trade was possible for a couple 2nd rounders. Stone waited until emotions and the temperature came down, he preyed on Presti’s obsession with 2nd round picks, and he kept our flexibility for a big move down the line. Like the Theis contract (although much more consequential), Stone was able to recover from a bad decision. And in the midst of scrutiny and many folks (myself included) who wanted the org to send a statement by cutting him immediately. This move is the best outcome for the team given the circumstances. Well done!

#179 Aruba77, Oct 17, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    BamBam and Hank McDowell like this.
  20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Interesting, ch44. This is actually quite telling for the Rockets' plans with their two-way contracts. Days can be designated as one of the team's Affiliate Players for the Vipers. I wonder if this means they'll add another two-way guy via the waiver wire.

While this would clear up the 21-man roster jam for the next week, the team would still need to make a cut to get down to a final 15-man roster of standard NBA contracts by the start of the regular season.

Richie_Rich likes this.