1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

china vs new zealand

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Bball rules, Aug 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Is that number 10 the Dillon Boucher punk that chest bumped Yao?

2. DeAleck

I told myself one day after a very meaningful and tranqual meditation, that I would never, ever ever ever use rolling eyes again during sarcastic comments on this forum. I was the best day of my life...

However, when I don't use them and people send reply like this, life became miserable... :(

3. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

hope you could download this (it works for me)
    the 3rd quarter.

mmst://219.136.56.7/vod1/sport/olym_video/040817_china_nzl/3.wmv?str=ab1f66637ead70442665504c3a0c1ccc

4. DeAleck

Never mind, he's doing it in the picture.:eek:

5. dischead

dischead Member

Yao should have choke slammed that sheep lover.

6. Andy3000

Andy3000 Member

Can someone post a link for the game? i am dying to see it, :(

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Can we arrange for someone to humiliate Yao before each NBA game?

8. DeAleck

Great idea, but I am not volunteering...

9. billyzhou

billyzhou Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Says wmp encounters an unknown error.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Damn. Maybe the Chinese team jumped the shark or whatever you call it. That was a total change in philosophy. Maybe USA should do the the same with Duncan.

12. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Thanks......... The Hungarian Rocket

Officially Yao got 35pt and 10 Rebounds.

13. carlit0

carlit0 Member

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Maybe they were playing New Zealand.

15. KnoxRocketsFan

Actually the picture is pretty funny
    [​IMG]

16. KnoxRocketsFan

NZ: Dude, why you grab my t*tties?

17. New Jack

New Jack Member

I’m glad that Yao played well, but I sure hope he doesn’t wear himself out during these Olympics. He’s still got an NBA season to play.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i'm watching the game right now (a bit late i know) but not only can the CNT can't shoot, they don't know how to play defense either. one possession, they'll attempt to zone only to move out of their space. on another, they stick to one man. they're defending like worker bees out there.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

yao sets some hard picks man.

20. Matador

Matador Member

http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82~10835~2341944,00.html

Former Bear Marks enjoys dunk on Yao

By Jeff Faraudo, STAFF WRITER

ATHENS, Greece -- In the final analysis it changed nothing, but Sean Marks had his Olympic moment.
    With 71/2 minutes left in New Zealand's 69-62 basketball loss to China on Tuesday morning, Marks picked up a ball deflected from the hands of NBA star Yao Ming and threw down a fierce two-handed dunk on the Houston Rockets' 7-foot-6 center.

Marks, the former Cal standout playing in his second Olympics, briefly stared down Yao, before New Zealand teammate Dillon Boucher took that one step further. He chest-bumped the big man, only to be shoved 10 feet on his backside by the once-timid center.

"I was just trying to get the guy to react," Boucher said, "trying to inspire the guys. I was trying anything out there."
    Advertisement

Yao got the last word, finishing with 39 points and 13 rebounds against a New Zealand defense that stubbornly tried much of the game to single cover him. Yao responded to the invitation by scoring 35 points in the first 371/2 minutes, including 21 straight Chinese points during one stretch.

The 6-10 Marks said he had played against Yao several times before, but he acknowledged he'd never thrown down a dunk on the big man.

"I'm not going to rub it in or anything. I have tremendous respect for him," Marks said. "I've got one little notch on my belt, but how many times is he going to do that to me in the future?

Actually, Marks hopes plenty. He spent last season signed as a practice player for the San Antonio Spurs and recently re-upped for another year. His goal continues to be a career in the NBA.

Although he hopes to contribute more than serving as a practice player against Tim Duncan, Marks said the experience has made him a better player.

"It's fantastic. To play against an MVP player like that is just incredible," Marks said. "It's such a great organization, I love the people (in San Antonio)."

The loss to China was cast in the first half, when the Kiwis turned the ball over 18 times while falling behind 29-20.

New Zealand used its perimeter shooting to keep the game competitive, but it never drew closer than four points in the second half.

The problem was Yao, who had an offensive counterpunch to every blow New Zealand landed with their 3-point shoting.

"Obviously, he's incredible, a tough matchup for anybody," Marks said.

Added Boucher, "He dominated the whole game. We wanted to try to play him straight up, give him a but of the muscle game. But he just turned around and used his finesse game with his turn-around jumper.

"He's a class player."

The loss dropped the Aussies to 0-2 in the sixth-team pool. Serbia & Montenegro loom on Thursday, with Argentina and Spain completing their pool. China is 1-1