1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Heavy investment in Kevin Porter Jr raises serious questions about Rockets front office

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 20, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i just named one and you couldn't even come close to providing an example. In okc you heard exactly nothing about morrow.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you didnt read what I said. I said ANY PLAYER PAST OR PRESENT

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

who gives af. that's just you trying to move the goal posts. more stupidity. you confirm being a huge moron every single day that goes by

When Morrow was wearing a okc jersey, did he have problems? No. ok. /discussion

Arnel, Nook and Reeko like this.
  4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Laid that out well @Clutch - remember he was just a spokesperson at the rookie symposium- even the nba had him like a rehabilitated, success story.

the smart fans saw this a while ago, though. Unfortunate that our FO is incompetent when it comes to basic behaviors and accountability

BamBam, Arnel, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  5. futilman

futilman Member

STONE IS A JOKE. HOW DOES HE STILL HAVE A JOB HERE???

AroundTheWorld and kubli9 like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

There’s an easy explanation. Our front office isn’t good anymore. Not sure why folks haven’t figured that out; it’s been obvious for a while.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. Dude you are HILARIOUS!

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

and you're a online poser who's a complete idiot

linking a player 6 years removed from a team and sitting at home retired for 6 years who has nothing to do with okc. See okc has kpj like players!!

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’ll settle for a competent front office. I don’t need perfect. Just competent.

10. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This trend of non-basketball guys getting GM jobs was started by Morey but now it's gone way too far. We don't need a lawyer from Seattle running an NBA team.

11. PWR

PWR Member

Stone told y'all not to judge anything he's done until 2030, lol. We have 7 more years of the b.s.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Great article.

Last week I said, non-team affiliated media (e.g, not Feigen/Iko) need to start asking hard questions here of the Rockets in terms of how and why they allowed the situation to get to this point.

This didn't come out of nowhere. It came from the somewhere that we all (and the Rockets) knew existed.

Where is the accountability? How can we be confident this won't happen again?

And like I've said, this trade nonsense is a giant insult to all of our intelligences. "Move on, we'll just trade him" - A, you won't, and B., no we don't need to move on you need to explain how this happened.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody should have cared about what he says or said as nobody should have listened to him regarding KPJ.

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The owner just said KPJ's his favorite Rocket. Yet its Stone's sole responsibility? Looks like someone's being scapegoating again lol

ron413 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A Series of Unfortunate and Stupid Events.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Arnel, subtomic, topfive and 6 others like this.
  17. Moahst

Moahst Member

Patrick Fertitta pushed Morey to make the CP3 for Russ trade with the extra picks which ultimately lead to the end of the Harden era and put our rebuild in a tougher spot (and a compressed timeline). Patrick then went on to, I believe, force Stone and Silas to play Kevin Porter Jr. at point and give him heavy minutes (and protect him) while also pushing for laughably dumb strategies like putting Bruno Fernando in the starting line up to create "vertical spacing". Somebody is obviously trying to prioritize Jalen Green over Alperen Sengun when Sengun has shown more ability to be a winning player than anyone on the roster. This team has an ownership problem, not a management or coaching problem, and I doubt anything will change anytime soon.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Patrick does a lot. He really does a lot."

I agree Stone bears responsibility, but the Fertittas screwed this up at least as much.

#58 AroundTheWorld, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    amaru and ron413 like this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I don't recall Harden ever getting arrested...

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He threw some cell phones around but luckily it never hit anyone .......so they say. TMZ....cough.

Oh yeah, he decelerated quickly to zero motion.

amaru likes this.