1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Heavy investment in Kevin Porter Jr raises serious questions about Rockets front office

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 20, 2023.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The chasm in “character” between KPJ and Harden is similar to the chasm in talent between the two at the time we acquired them. Humongous.

Stone “following suite” as if this these were similar level players with similar risk/reward outcomes as far as “enabling” them goes should be a gigantic red flag with regards to his ability to do the job well.

Harden had already proven to be a star talent in the making before ever arriving in Houston. And in his very first season in Houston was an all star who shortly thereafter became all nba. He did a lot of proving it before any over the top enabling took place.

KPJ had proven nothing to deserve any level of enabling.

2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

hajkov, Arnel, Shaman Smith and 16 others like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

yeah but this is logic ,
    Stone was “thinking” with his dick / ego

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

this ----ed up situation - from the start - is just too infuriating, during the earlier years Stone says he wanted to stay right by the player by trading them to 'good situation' teams so he could attract 'stars' to Houston, but all the while coddling a deterrent... and almost messed up the mental state of the young top picks...I'm sure if that deterrent was still here, the youngsters won't sign their extensions and would surely wait for free agency...when a ship's sinking the Captain should...whatever... Stone should just stick to be the 'contract attorney' stuff and let real GM's do the 'GM-ing'

5. JazzLakerHater

I cannot stress this enough. F**k Rafael Stone. I don’t know how any Rockets fan can trust this clown to bring this franchise back to its winning ways.

slothy420, C-Mo and kubli9 like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I want the inside scoop on the Booby Trap incident.

vince, DaDakota and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, it's a good article, but why no mention of the responsibility of the owner himself? Surely, Stone did not operate in a vacuum.

ron413 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See why is this stuff coming out now?????? I mean......wtf.........with today's social media how is all of this not reported?????

DD

ROXTXIA, Nook and J.R. like this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Guys

Look at it like this, if you get into being the "WE ONLY BRINGING IN CHOIR BOY" players to our team, that is not going to work either....Just look at the Texans!

Trust me! There are away two or three on every team; its the NBA, its the NFL, its life in general

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The disgusting amounts of denial on this site when the John Wall and Jonathan Givony quotes on team culture came out are just comical at this point. Yeah, sure it was just sour grapes and media conspiracy. The team culture was terrible but the good news is that a lot of that seems to stem from KPJ and the front office's obsession with him. Hopefully now that he's on the way out we can start to repair that culture somewhat.

Nook, amaru, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrong as usual

Nook, topfive and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Pick a team and i can name a player padt or present.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

okc

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Well I mean the organization itself was trying to sweep any bad press under the rug because they were obsessed with the guy/didn't want to look bad for being obsessed with the guy. In this age of press releases and cover ups, you need to read between the lines.

AroundTheWorld and DaDakota like this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess you didn't read Anthony Morrow is a former NBA player who hasn't played in the league since 2017.

Hes been sitting at home retired so if Hakeem got in trouble today you just link him to the rockets. what dumbass logic. This somehow correlates with kpj a current player on the roster. You're all kinds of stupid

Arnel, topfive, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, you guys are never going to find a team that is PERFECT like yourselves. Every team has issues, some known but many issues are not.

Stephen_A likes this.