1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one told me the depth of his issues....and yes, I preferred to hope he had matured over wallowing in his past.

DD

eliefor3 likes this.
  2. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Why are you guys piling on DD? You guys are acting like he’s the one that beat KPJ’s girl.

WEIRDO behavior. He thought KPJ had all star potential, that’s his opinion. Some of you guys think Sengun is the next Jokic, many outside of this board would laugh and call you delusional, but that’s your opinion.

I don’t agree with all of DD’s takes, (even my handle is a parody of him), but you cannot deny that he’s a true Rockets fan, and he wants us to win just as much as anybody else.

It’s ok to have differing opinions. Throwing a bowl of soup, or getting dismissed from a basketball team, or walking out at hAlf time shows immaturity; however it isn’t a precursor to attempted murder and domestic violence. He, like many others didn’t see THIS coming.

DIRECT your angst towards KPJ, but this mob mentality against anyone who in the past thought KPJ was talented is really low brow and stupid.

stay on topic

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. DaDakota

Hah, you have been several people yourself....Det the Threat comes to mind, also Sir Jackie Chiles....but Margrave was an experiment that went bonkers and even though many on here have alternate accounts....I do not.

DD

5. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Dude he didn't kill her geez.. He will have to serve a suspension and hopefully he has learned his lesson

6. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

7. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Whet?

clos4life and cbass like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

lmao

clutchdabear and kubli9 like this.
  9. DaDakota

I appreciate it DSD - but in the end, it doesn't matter to me, if they want to talk smack and say "I told ya so" and it makes them feel better, ok, fine by me.

Being a Rockets fan, especially during the rebuild, is tough the fandom is divided, people all root for their favorites over the team first and foremost....I heard people b****ing about their favorite player not getting the ball enough, or not playing enough or....whatever....and that happens when your team sucks, and we do suck.

But we are young, we have a future, eventually we will come together, not this year, probably not next year but by year 3 or 4, hopefully it won't matter who scores the ball all we will care about is wins and losses.

And less about favorites....

But some folks are just assholes, and like to run around point fingers and whine - those people - well you just got to put them on ignore as they provide no value to the board, or to anyone, they just like howling at the moon......woooooooooooooo!!!!

DD

HillBoy and evo8lover like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It’s not about I told you so DD. It’s about people who have taken an erroneous position on KPJ for the last couple years and now continue to defend what has objectively and obviously been a big mistake. To me those folks don’t have much credibility. Everyone makes mistakes or gets it wrong sometime. But dying on a hill, defending the mistake when you know it’s a mistake, I think that’s pathetic. But I agree that one shouldn’t get bent out of shape by mean comments in the GARM.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

lol

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Can we all at least just agree at this point that Porter Jr is a naughty boi?

Rashmon and clos4life like this.
  13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Come on, this is like being surprised that Josh Primo will end up sexually assaulting someone in the next 5 years.

Even then, your thought processes are inherently contradictory to the contract that he received.
    1. You believe he has all-star talent.
    2. You claim KPJ's issues are overblown.
    3. KPJ receives and signs one of the most team friendly contracts that anyone has ever seen, one that no other player's agent would ever encourage their clients to sign unless they have no other options on the table.
    How could KPJ have both all-star talent, with supposedly overblown character issues, but receive and sign such an unfavorable contract?

Either GMs do not think he has all-star talent, or his character issues are truly concerning for all teams, or it's a bit of both.

duluth111222 likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Here is the thing though, is it a mistake?

I mean the team was tanking, it is the time to take a shot on pretty much everyone until we have a set core.

I don't blame them for taking a look at KPJ - it was a free look, with zero consequences going forward.

I do blame them for handing him the keys and coddling him, that was a mistake - and the problem is that no one knew the depths of that, no one talked about him being coddled, sure there were whispers about him being introduced first, etc, but that isn't the same as what was going on.....the org was enabling him to a HORRIBLE degree - and I for one, as one of his biggest supporters would have NEVER supported that, I have been BEGGING for some tough love for him, and was excited to see what IME could do, as IMHO he has the most skill on this team (My opinion). Unfortunately and i think partly because of the enabling he blew it.

Now, the team has to jettison him and what happens from here is on him, America loves a come back story - so he will get a chance eventually if he works for it......but most of these guys - never do......

So, for one side to say....we told you it was a mistake - sure - coddling him was - but taking a shot at him wasn't.

So for me......it is just move on - suit em up, roll out the ball and whomever is wearing Rox Mustard and Red has my support.

If what you are looking for is for me or others to say - yep, you were right, Stone should have never coddled him, you will not get an argument from me. I agree wholeheartedly.

If, however you are asking for folks to say, we should have never taken a shot at a talented guy that lacked character at a young age (And still does) - I will disagree and say this was precisely the time, even if we all know the chances of it working out might be low, it is still time to take that shot....when we are winning 20 games....and not surprisingly it didn't work out it was always unlikely to work out - but sometimes you get lucky........just not this time.

DD

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

SMH

You still don't get it.

16. DaDakota

I don’t get what?

I think the org did the right thing in trying him out, that is the difference, others think it a waste of time.

I get it, I just disagree, I think you turn over every Stone until we settle on a core, now clearly they should have not given him an extension, that was a mistake, nor coddled him, further mistake, but taking a shot on a troubled 22 year old when we are tanking anyway is not a mistake.

I guess we disagree about that.

DD

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no right or wrong not before the incidents happened.

If not Porter junior, there would be another player.

There is only one way this should hurt right in the heart, and that is if he were Wemby and Wemby did have domestic violence and other issues.

• He was not a generational talent.
    • He was taken 30th but probably had Top 12-18th level of talent but that is about it.
    • Folks like you are way too much into this guy because he can do what?
    • Pass and dribble and score?
    • He was not even the best at it.

#2417 daywalker02, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Everything.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

KPJ could have been kind of a Kyrie-lite, but I'm not sure a Kyrie-lite is the kind of player we should be investing a ton of time on if the risk is really high.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both Amen and Whitmore are replacements.

Only things are:

Amen cannot shoot yet.

Whitmore is not a playmaker.

Easier to deal with those than a massive headache and a women beater.

DaDakota and clos4life like this.