1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/1-2] C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of C.J. Stroud?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. YES

84.4%
  2. NO

15.6%
  1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Man, I’m an OSU fan.. that kicker didn’t just miss, he MISSED. Lol, heartbreaking.

2. Qan

Qan Member

You didn't watch that last OSU game did you? It's alright. I didn't want Stroud before he was drafted, but I've accepted it and hope he becomes a superstar...mainly since he's a Texans' QB. I'm not going to sht on him and downplay him; he has looked good so far and very promising for the future. Only hope he gets better.

Honestly, in the NFL, there's a lot of good QB with no championship. NFL relies on more than just having a great QB, you need talent across the team. If Stroud can be a good QB, like you said, and the Texans don't win a championship...then that's not on him, but most likely it's on the other side of the team. Stroud can't be consider good if the offense doesn't look good.

#1682 Qan, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Stroud questionable with a shoulder injury

4. gatsby

gatsby Member

Can't make this up. Texans are cursed.

coachbadlee likes this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Is this another sacrifice for the Astros because after losing to the royals they may need something

desihooper likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Texans are done man!

raining threes likes this.
  7. raining threes

50 plus yd field goals by a college kicker isn't a gimme.:

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

FYI- Looking back at his college injury report.

He dealt with a Rotator Cuff Injury in 2021. This is due to overuse.

He did play through it in 2021, which would be the expectation here.

Due to the the news coming out yesterday, I am going to make the assumption this is a rotator cuff over an injury he sustained on Sunday.
    Since its a Grade 1(Grade 2 would be more significant and wouldn't be questionable status for the game), the only way to really rehab is rest and building up of the shoulder muscles. The inflamation/pain may cause his fastball to be a little off against the Colts.

He is going to have some shock therapy, constant icing/heating, and inflammation meds.

The remedy is rest which he won't see until offseason. This is going to be something he deals with all year in some form or fashion.

9. raining threes

Why was he without MHJ?

Fact is what you're talking about didn't happen.ñ

10. raining threes

Why was he without MHJ?

Fact is what you're talking about didn't happen.

Now he's hurt. Great

11. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Harrison Jr went out during the game from a hit in the end zone on a ridiculously accurate, but dangerous throw from Stroud.

And of course it didn’t happen but that wasn’t just Stroud’s fault. He made enough plays to beat the eventual national champions and that great team around him that you mentioned let him down.

It also sounds like you may not have watched the game since you weren’t aware Harrison Jr was injured (or perhaps you were just saying that it is Stroud’s fault he was injured). I’d recommend going back and watching the highlights to get a feel for how Stroud played in the biggest game of his college career against a superior Georgia team.

12. justtxyank

Good news for the Stroud haters. If this what some people are speculating, he may have permanent issues with his rotator cuff.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That isn’t good news.
    And if it is the case, it was really stupid to draft him. Heads should roll, if that’s the case.

14. tmacfor35

Rotator issues aren't permanent. They can go away with rest and strengthening of the muscles in the shoulder.

Drew Brees is a recent player who dealt with Rotator Issues and put them in the rearview.

Throwing overhand is a wear and tear motion. It needs maintenance!

primtim24 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully its just a bruised shoulder. Lets be positive

16. justtxyank

he has dealt with the same issue since college.

17. raining threes

I watched the game and Stroud hung MHJ out to dry

Stroud also didn't play well in the fourth quarter.

18. tmacfor35

Correct, but there is a good chance he wasn't doing the band exercises daily which is a requirement with this injury.

Its tedious.

Speaking from an almost professional baseball player who had his career ended by rotator cuff tears(yes 2x).

Usually wouldn't speak on this stuff, but I can honestly say I am an expert in this field and not in a good way.

19. tmacfor35

The fact you are still talking about this and pointing out negatives in what was considered the best QB'd game by any player including Caleb Williams that year is just bizarre.

Its so weird that there are multiple posters trying to die on this hill and I quite frankly can't understand why they still support the Texans or should.

20. raining threes

He wasn't good in the 4th qtr, just accept that.

Friendships I've developed over 2 decades as a season ticketholder. Although I chose not to renew this year because I dont like the direction of the franchise. I'm not their target marketing customer any longer.

In fact 3 former season ticketholders that we sat around for 2 decades are all meeting for lunch on Wednesday as we often do about once a quarter.