1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

attacked her in her sleep on some “husband murders the wife and kids” type sh*t

KPJr is legit psychotic

2. Landry's Tooth

If you don't have intent to kill its manslaughter, not murder.

Vehicular homicide involves intent.

Just saying consent to getting drunk isn't consent to killing. It should be, but it's not.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Beyond never playing in an NBA game again, he needs to serve some real prison time, as in multiple years. I hope no prosecutor offers a plea deal and no judge lets him skate easily.

Absolutely disgusting.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

She legitimately probably thought she was about to die. That is some serious level trauma.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. NewAge

NewAge Member

The story doesn’t make much sense. How did she lock him out? With the latch on the inside? And how can the hotel security open that? and not ask questions?

I think the most likely turn of events is this: nobody locked out nobody. They probably had some argument, the girl went to the room and felt asleep. KPJ didn’t have his keycard and ask the hotel for a new keycard, which is common. KPJ goes into the room and start beating up a sleeping girl!!!!1 the Sleeping Beauty and the Prince story, if the Prince is a disgusting monster…

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're a fcking moron. you deserved to be slapped tbh

you should consider yourself lucky you can sit behind a computer and post dumbass shitt like this without a ugly ass face to go along with it

the11mingdynasty and kubli9 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I think he lost the key card.

Or did not take one on his stroll out.

apollo33 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. fchowd0311

I'm now wondering what took KPJ to stop the strangulation?

Because I think it matters a lot in determining the correct charges.

If he stopped because security stepped in and forcebly removed him, then that probably is an attempted murder charge because the assumption is he would complete the strangulation to completion which would be her death.

If he let go voluntarily then it probably just assault and strangulation charges.

9. i3artow i3aller

It's not rocket science. KPJ most likely paid for the room and coerced the front desk into letting him gain entrance. I'd imagine the Millennium hotel will be getting sued in the not too distant future and some security personnel are most definitely getting fired (if they haven’t been already).

kubli9 likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think the girl refused to open the door for him because he was out partying at 6 am and she was pissed. He probably lost or didn't bring his key card

He likely banged on the door for while and then went to the security for another key card, opened the door and beat the crap out of her.

11. fchowd0311

It really is difficult to determine the culpability of the security staff. Maybe they had no clue why he was locked out initially and just assumed he lost the key card.

12. Pete Coldcut

Pete Coldcut Member

I am not getting this. I understand that the NBA investigates player off-court conduct and determines suspensions, but they don't control roster decisions. Would we impair their disciplinary authority by cutting him? That didn't seem to be an issue with Miles Bridges, who got a suspension without an active contract.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wasn't the report the girl ran out of her room screaming and stuff. I would assume KPJ didn't literally hold her down and try to strangle her to death, she probably fought her way out when he's beating her up

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. PatBev

PatBev Member

That’s the only part I don’t understand. She either did the latch to try passively annoy him or she woke up to undo the latch for the hotel employees letting him in

Or he forgot his card and got inside without her knowing and he is a psychopath

Either way a beating like that boy deserves jail time even if provoked. But her sister did knock out her husband’s tooth swinging at him so you never know

NewAge likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Miles Bridges was jobless for a year. his suspension was announced once charlotte opted for his QO. kpj's situation is not bridges

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Likely the result of lots of alcohol combined with his inability to control his temper. What a dumb-assed decision to throw away his life.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is the abuse cycle, but who bullied him into this kind of bully........repulsive ahole.

Road Rage? Is that from Beef.

19. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Wow. I stand corrected. These details make it seem like he was completely OK with killing her.

Horrific.

i3artow i3aller and daywalker02 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

I mean the strangulation was forceful enough to crack a vertebrae. So he definitely had her pinned. He might have slightly let go for a second and she broke free. She's an athlete her self so it's possible.