1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 18, 2023.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Kind of a strange time to be ripping on Pena though

hitting .305 with a .397 on base in August. OPS .720

He isn't hitting bombs and going nuts like it's the World Series, but his offense certainly hasn't been the problem lately

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Framber needs to go back to the sports psychologist.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. bcast89

bcast89 Member

My point was it is more evident now that he’s been out a string of games and we’ve lost all of them with him out. Two of the games, no one really showed up on offense.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Guess who was catching in those two non-competitive games. Dusty has dicked around for 5 months with certain players and now we're clinging to a playoff seed. We have no room for error and are forced to pitch gassed pitchers in a desperate attempt to win games.

Yes, Tucker is good and is needed. Dusty chose to start Julks today.

5. HTown2017Champs

I think he's tipping pitches. The coaches need to look at film and see if there's something he's been doing lately that gives away what he's about to throw.

6. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Really he doesn't have time to rosin rub that ball up like before and I betcha spin rate is down

7. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Framber’s ankle is not 100% heal. Don’t overthink fellas.

Stephen66 likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Maybe... but he was an out away from throwing a complete game less than a week ago and his stuff looked as good as ever.

He also had the face-the-minimum no-hitter before that, again with his stuff looking as good as ever.

I do think he's fallen in love with some of the added speed on his sinker and its starting to get a little predictable when he throws it. Its hittable, regardless of it being 96-97mph, if not located well. His curveball still his best pitch and is unhittable when executed properly... but he may not always have a good feel of it. The starts he's been dominant in, post ankle injury, the curveball has been excellent.

Probably mechanical some... mental some... sequencing some. Will have to get him completely right to have a chance of another long playoff run.

AkeemTheDreem86 and bcast89 like this.
  9. ktex

ktex Member

I guess that's the average but we are over that already.

I think it was blummer that said his movement has been more left and right not the diving sinking stuff that he has when he's going good.

10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

37 games left and the Astros still have control to win the division.

All they have to is beat each of the Rangers and Mariners 2 out of 3 then match them both win or lose in the other 31.

But yesterday's meeting better have had some effect. That was a piss poor weekend effort at the worst possible time.

11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

This thread/series...

[​IMG]

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did we get any smack talk from the Mariners in the post-game press? I wouldn't blame them if we did. We kicked their butts for a lot of seasons before this. They are getting their licks in now. I'm the Captain, now!

I guess we have another 3 with them in Seattle? That should be interesting. Will see which Astros show up for that one? I think they will be feeling the sting of this for a little bit afterwards. I know I am.

Stephen66 likes this.
  13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yep...we play at Seattle Sept 25-27