1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember Kevin McHale and Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 16, 2023.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

PeterKingX and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Nah, wiped that idiot from my memory banks thankfully.

clos4life likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

And? Man has close ties to the celtics as a player.

No franchise went and offer McHale a hc position bc news flash he sucks at coaching. If he wasn't the problem as folks claim, man would have been offered a hc position.

Folks hatred for harden makes people do stupid things like defend McHale ability to coach. Man was such a sht coach, and was able to get a winning record as a Rockets coach piggy backing of hardens skills.

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Lol "fat" Harden was still causing havoc against the Clippers that year right before McHale was fired. McHale flat out sucked as a coach. He was a puppet of Morey for his Moreyball experiment.

clos4life likes this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Is it hatred for Harden or Harden’s hatred for coming into camp in shape?

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Atleast McHale was smart enough to bench Harden in that Clippers come back game. He saw Harden quitting mid game & benched his azz. We ended up completing one of the best come backs in nba history. He can't be that bad

NewAge and Jontro like this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Benching Harden was a gutsy and brilliant move, but he was awful at Xs and Os. When MDA took over, it was a breath of fresh air.

clos4life likes this.
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And nothing. I was just pointing out your mistake.

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yeah but MDA wouldn't have made that adjustment, we'd of lost that game because MDA would've kept him in the game

Jontro likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If we are playing the unprovable hypothetical game someone could easily argue that with MDA coaching we don’t go down 3-1 in the first place and win the series prior to the infamous game 6.

Jontro likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing about coaching is McHale's heart was never really in it.....it was not a passion but became a two time thing because he did interim with Minny.

Cannot really judge a guy whose heart was not into coaching....just an amateur.

I still think he might be slightly better than Silas mainly because people knew he was a great player.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

milk hair was ok. i thought it was just beard being uncoachable? afterall he unsheathed beard’s goatness and the anthony just reaped the fruits of hair’s labors

NewAge likes this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Given MDA's playoff track record, not sure I'd give him that. He's the one that benched Kenneth Faried against GS, our best rebounder, and let Looney completely destroy us in a elimination game. He just doesn't adjust

14. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Yeah, Silas was worse
    But McHale sucked absolute ass his whole coaching career. I was pretty angry when he was hired as a replacement for Adelman.

clos4life likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

it wasn't a mistake, no one offered him a hc position. A team he has history with offers him a spot on the coachin staff means jack sht. It's more of his connection than his actual coaching abilities.

If he wasnt the problem like u mchale defenders like to proclaim, man would have gotten a hc job right after getting fired.

Harden has his issue, but thinking mchale isn't a sht coach is another thing all together

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

"McHale was offered a spot on the Boston Celtics' coaching staff the day he was fired, according to the Boston Globe, but declined the offer."

Do you really not see your mistake?

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Beating the Clippers with 1-3 deficit in playoffs, especially the came back of G6 by benching Harden, not many coach can do better than McHale in that series. Doc Rivers knows that.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Coaching staff positon is not a hc position last I check. McHale sucks at coaching hence no one offered him a hc position even after he got fired.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You didn't originally say "head coach". You changed your argument after you were proven wrong.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Why the fk would I care if McHale was offered any coaching position aside from hc?

Man sucked at coaching he was the problem hence he got fired as the Rockets hc.

My proof was no team bother to give him a hc coaching position. Even if a team bother to give him a coaching, he still sucked bc he never got a hc position after the Rockets stint.

I know u have a hate boner for harden, doesn't change the fact that McHale blows as a hc, him not getting any hc offer afterwards is enough evidence