1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I installed TOTK months ago and just don't have the time...yet.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure how interested you are in RPG but Baldur's Gate 3 is now out on PC and is turn-based combat. It is getting nice reviews early on and is a D&D based RPG. WIll be picking this up myself in the near future.

clos4life, Buck Turgidson and RC Cola like this.
  3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, outside of some launch-type bugs (no biggie, especially for a game like this), Baldur's Gate 3 seems legit. Don't have to time to play it now, but I'd love to check it out when I do. Seems like a "best-in-its-class" type experience.

edit: Haha just saw this:

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I've been reading the reviews so far and it seems like an awesome release. Larian has some genre home runs now under their belt between this and the Divinity series. I did see one user report issues with saving a game that killed his playthrough or something, but it doesn't seem to be widespread (?). I'm going to try and finish No Man's Sky since I'm into it now, then I have to decide BG3 or Starfield (which is going to be released early September). I have a free copy of that coming as a throw-in from my CPU purchase. If that one is a hit, it's a great time to be alive. lol.

clos4life, RC Cola and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I want to start playing the Assassin's Creed games. I see the PS store only has AC3. Should I start with 1 and 2 or is it worthwhile to start with 3 and move forward?

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a glorious trainwreck of an open source game. Highly recomend if you are into self-flagilation. I can't stop playing.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

3 is actually 5.

Assassins creed is a bit of a commitment, as they throw alot of past story in the games.

Starting with 3 will be a little confusing for the throwback elements. There is a really cool story element they throw in using a prologue mechanism, that won't make sense without prior game reference.

AC 1 - Altair
    AC 2 - Ezio
    AC - Brotherhood - Ezio
    AC - Revelations - Ezio
    AC 3 - Connor

Ezio's story is widely considered the best, although Connor's is very good as well.

The first game is really different in style than how it evolves over time. The franchise slowly morphs from a stealth game to a full blown hack and slash by the time you get to Odyssey / Origins.

boomboom likes this.
  9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

So folks, gotta say, cannot recommend Remnant 2 enough. Give it a look for sure. “Souls game with guns” is a pretty accurate description, in the best way possible. The sheer quantity of secrets is mind-blowing.

IIRC, going by D3’s itinerary, my money would be on 18-24.

CCity Zero, TexasTofu and RC Cola like this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tbf many people just completely don't care about the modern story bits, it can be fully enjoyed by just paying attention to the rest of the game (especially in the later games).

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Awesome. I bought the first game on sale at some point. I only got to play it for a bit, but I enjoyed it. I'll try to snag this on sale at some point in the future when I finally have some time to check out something like this.

I think the devs are generally pretty good too. More of a AA developer (Wikipedia says ~82 employees), which we don't have too many of these days.

12. conquistador#11

Battlefront 2, never enjoyed a Star War games this much since I had the N64, You start as one of the baddies then go on missions with the entire rebel cast and the story ties together. It's single player which is all I play. 5 missions in. Original Battlefront is multiplayer only.

Black Mesa,It's everything Neeeerrrrds hyped it up to be. 8 chapters in

Red Dead Redemption 2, just started this one. After a poster said it was a relaxing game, I decided to try it. Liking it so far. I want to start with part 1 but couldn't find it.

Gamer's ADD

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The first game was only released for Xbox 360 and PS3, but you can play it via backwards compatibility on the newer Xbox consoles.
    They will also release a PS4 and Switch version on August 17.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Finally got a chance to watch that video. This man has no clue. He doesn't even know the historical gaming significance of Minsc and Boo. :D

clos4life and RC Cola like this.
  15. Poloshirtbandit

Don't make the mistake I did and rush through the game. I missed a lot of things on my first playthrough. I've tried replaying the game but I have no motivation to do it again.

Invisible Fan and donkeypunch like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's my thing with DLCs...I buy the complete edition, have a blast with main content but stop playing after I beat it afterwards.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tactics Ogre Reborn is on sale 40% off on Steam right now.

RC Cola likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There really is no reason for 1-2T dollar MS to be allowed to snatch up a big 3 video game company.

Dummies at the US trial were talking about CoD nonstop...