1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets trade KJ Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 1, 2023.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

he’ll fit in well; his role will work there.

kpdark likes this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Just admit you're looking for reasons to criticize Stone after we've had a wonderful offseason. We got one of the best point guards at #4, our #20th pick won summer league MVP, Jabari's looking like a stud & Tari Eason has also got better. All that, and you're still whining about KJ Martin? Lol. Our offseason has been one of the best in the NBA

3. kpdark

kpdark Member

Clippers will need that energy he brings in the court

xiki likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Stop sucking off stone it's weird.

Man did such a sht job over paying for brooks and got rid of our first round picks players for Jack sht. Also got jilted by big man lopez.

Fvv signing is debatable since the contract is shorter

BamBam likes this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The draft was a success, FVV was a great culture move. Brooks is debatable, but the Lakers & Mavs were also interested. Udoka was another great culture move. Brook Lopez? Who tf cares about Brook Lopez lol. You guys are obsessed with denying Stone any credit for successfully rebuilding this team in 3 years

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Yeah KMJ may still improve some but I think the chance that we will REALLY regret this trade down the line is fairly slim!

Interesting stats for the Rocks players.

Alpe is not only our best player in WAR and total Raptor but he's a net positive on both off. AND def. Raptor.
    Matter of fact he's the top player in def Raptor on the Rockets entire team, ahead of even Tari.

Speaking of Tari, he's rated MUCH higher than media darling Jalen Williams (okc) in both WAR and Raptor despite being on a worse team.
    (Go Peso!)

And despite having a not as good as expected sophomore year Scottie Barnes is still rated better on Raptor and WAR than (some people's love fantasy) Evan Mobley despite being on a worse team.

AroundTheWorld and HardenReturns like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

agreed. And how he loves to cut to basket without the ball.

nba is fit and he fits there.

don grahamleone and kpdark like this.
  8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I really do think the Rockets could regret the KJ trade. It was hard to see where he'd fit in the rotation though.

Deckard likes this.
  9. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

Interesting to see KPJ so much higher than JG.

Also I'd definitely expect bari to jump a ton this year based on his recent play.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wanted to keep him. Damn.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Jabari's SL can't be understated. That was the version of him we drafted and hope to see. He was dominant against his peers. We just gotta give him time, this guy is gonna be an absolute horse in 5 years.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In a couple of years less than that, I think. We'll have to wait and see. We saw the kid @Clutch was in love with in Summer League.

don grahamleone and Dankstronaut like this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just admit you're the dumbest f'n poster on CF :D

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This post says quite a bit. About RAPTOR.

Nook likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t see KJM developing any further skills. Maybe improved on defense. But I see him as a good slasher, okay 3 point shooter, stupid-athletic dunker and weak side shot blocker. A little undersized.

He’s not going to develop a handle, vision, or anything more than straight line drives. A fun player that has a spot on any team but not someone you prioritize minutes for if you have a lot jam of developing players.

I look forward to watching him play with Harden.

don grahamleone and Dankstronaut like this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't think any player is "complete" before age 25. There's still physical growth, mental growth to go all the way there. We're going to get bigger and bigger doses until then. That game winner he hit last season was the first dose, summer league was dose 2.

Deckard, HD729 and don grahamleone like this.
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

What have I posted that was so dumb? Lol. I've been more right than you'll ever be. Judging our offseason on a trade regarding Kenyon Martin Jr is the dumbest thing I've read in awhile. Plus you're going to look even dumber when the Rockets over achieve this year.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Martin didn’t have a spot in the rotation so he was not in the plans long term. Still, this is yet another example of Stone selling low though. He has done this over and over again.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is there any chance we took less than we could have, in order to accommodate him? Sounds like he really wanted to be in LA.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Two things can be true. Stone made the team better, and he made some really shitty moves too. He deserves every ounce of the criticism he’s getting on here. He got punked on the Hawks trade, and he basically gave away Kenyon Martin Jr. I think he should be fired, but he did some good with the draft, and I guess time will tell on the rest. For his sake, I hope they are vastly improved

Little Bit, Imanimal and pippendagimp like this.