1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I only want to replay Astaroth boss fight again, that one was an absolute blast.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Got Elden Ring on Steam. Tried it for an hour and not really feeling it. I'm thinking about asking for a refund and getting Cyberpunk instead.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

I want to play The Show but only have PC and Switch.....

Uprising likes this.
  4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I don't hate the way D4 handles loot, but the sad thing about it is that legendary drops already aren't exciting anymore by the time you hit maybe level 80 or so. That's because with the ability to extract legendary powers, getting a well-rolled rare (yellow) is way harder than finding the legendaries you need. Though being level 90 now, even that I'm mostly done with.

Now I'm kinda leveling just to fill in the paragon board and try to beat uber Lilith when I get closer to level 100. Once I'm done with that... there's kinda nothing left to do, other than play another character? I've only played Rogue so far and will probably play Druid for seasonal. Once I feel done with Druid I seriously think I may be done with the game. For various reasons, honestly I found D3 more appealing.

5. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

The wife and I have been playing Tears of the Kingdom since it came out. We are taking our sweet-ass time trying to do a 100% playthrough. It's oh so great. Definitely better than the Adam's s Family NES game.

BamBam, Salvy and Xerobull like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It may be time to sell my physical media collection over 800 video games from the NES on up......is starting to clutter up the game room lol.

DD

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  7. Poloshirtbandit

Killatron 2000 and Salvy like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

9. Poloshirtbandit

Trying to platinum Horizon Forbidden West but one of the quests won't load correctly and I'm having trouble with one of the trials needed.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I played a bit of NBA2K23. As I expected, the base game is fairly good (quite a bit better since I last played...maybe 2K19 or something?). But all the stuff they put on top of it is *so* bad. I *really* want to love MyCareer, but the game just doesn't let me enjoy it. On top of those (usually unskippable) cutscene story stuff that is usually terrible, now I have to navigate some ugly city (running at like 15FPS) to complete sidequests...so I can play my next game. Probably gets better at some point, but it left such as bad taste in my mouth, not sure I'll bother. I say something like this *every* time I try a 2K NBA game, and every time I somehow end up more disappointed than I was before. On the bright side, there's that quote "I would play basketball for free...it's the other stuff they pay me to do." NBA 2K23's MyCareer mode perfectly simulates the meaning behind that quote. :/

On the bright side, I did buy a lot of (presumably) good games from Steam recently (mostly from the Steam Sale), and I'm literally installing some of them right now. It will be great to play something well designed and fun after that 2K mess.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sell it to me.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You can play it on PC via Xbox GamePass. It's $1 for the first month then like $16 a month. (if You just wanted to get a few months worth of playing it it's not a bad deal.....plus you have access to other games)

Yung-T and Salvy like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I looked up the Switch version and its so bad lol, I remember looking it up on gamepass but had seen that I needed to have both for the console and pc but I don't have an Xbox this time around. I'll look it up again and make sure, I wanted to skip this generation of the big consoles....

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

15. Poloshirtbandit

I've played it a little (it was PS+ free game last month) and I really like the MyEra mode. Played a few games as the 1983 Rockets. I stay away from online modes in sports games so probably won't touch My career.

RC Cola likes this.
  16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah the other modes that aren't infected with all this terrible F2P/online stuff are probably fine. Pretty sure the poor performance of MyCareer is actually related to trying to make it a pseudo MMO. A solo MyCareer (which is how I am trying to treat it) would likely perform much better. Just sucks because there are plenty of things to like with the game, but I just can't make myself slog through all this other stuff in order to enjoy it.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, wth. I finally built my new PC and am testing it out. I decide to finally go back and start re-playing No Man's Sky since it had that horrible release. Then I think I can handle playing 2 games at once, mostly because I wanted to pick up Diablo IV (instead of playing the other 10 or so games on my Steam account I haven't played yet. lol.). Now I'm reading reviews by people saying Diablo IV sucks... play balance stinks, the ending stinks, etc. I'm reading other reviews saying if you're a casual or new to the genre, you'll probably like it, but it isn't a very deep game, but rather a braindead one. Well, isn't that what most of the DIablos have been? lol.

18. Buck Turgidson

Alright Nerds, I now need your much appreciated Nerderish advice.

I have a computer that will work for any new games. I'm completely disinterested in FPS (unless they put a new DOOM out someday). I'd love a single player strategy game ala Command and Conquer that has multiplayer capabilities, I'd also prefer one where I make a move, they make a move, etc...instead of everything happening at once

What's like that around now, if anything I said makes any sense?

OH...and the best baseball game you know of (combo of action and simulation)

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Maybe check out Crusader Kings 3 or Civilization 6.

The last game I played in that style was Heroes of Might and Magic 2 in like 1998. Great game, but you could run it on a potato now, lol.

Edit: if you're into turn based and are willing to explore a different genre check out Darkest Dungeon. Amazing presentation and music. A couple other games that aren't exactly turn based but are slower paced and very fun would be Faster Than Light and the Walking Dead series by Telltale. These are all games you can pick up, play for an hour, make meaningful progress, and come back to later no problem.

#399 DonnyMost, Jul 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
    Yung-T and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

D4 has some good elements to it, but on the whole it sucks. The endgame really brings it down. Bad itemization (you need a ****ing degree in astrophysics to understand what is an upgrade for you) and terrible class/skill balance. The worst is part is that they force you to play on normal mode during your first playthrough, which is insultingly easy, so before you even get to the challenging gameplay you have to log over 50 hours of absolute chores. Also, its co-op and social is awful, which is a huge bummer.

Yung-T and TexasTofu like this.