1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

He'd need to clear waivers first.

From what I understand we are 2nd on the waivers list? So could pick him up if Detroit don't- which I suppose they wouldn't considering how many bigs they have on their roster.

OremLK and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You could unload all of the picks and then involve the nets getting claxton. That way the nets get their picks back and then can send a bunch of them too Portland.

Claxton/Landale
    Smith/Eason/Green
    Jaylen Brown/Brooks
    Green/Whitmore
    FVV/Thompson

I dont think the above is enough to get brown though. you would have to add more picks and sengun. the bench would still be crazy young and would inhibit such a talented starting 5.

3. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Genuine question regarding this opinion on Stone.

First off, I like Stone and think hes made some really good moves, im not ready to die on a hill for him, but I like him.

Just wondering where this has stemmed from? Was there like and interview or something? Are there reports of him being hard to deal with or having an attitude about him?

Or is this formed mostly off of fans not liking his ideas/philosophy on where the team is at?

Not judging, you can hate all you want. Genuinely curious if there were certain things that have happened to make him such a villian (outside of people disagreeing with him).

Mathloom and xaos like this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Obviously we are looking at a combo guard to round out free agency.

For me George Hill or Aaron Holiday would be nice options. Both decent shooters, careful with the ball, and solid defenders.

I would take a good look at Bol Bol or Mo Bamba with whatever we have left? If we can negotiate Landale into the roomMLE, then offer Bamba a nonG/T contract for 2 years, maybe even at 4-5mill (use the cap space!) - he is long and can block shots and hit 3s. Either he wants to be in the NBA or not - and one more stop as 3rd string C for a dreadful team like the Rockets might be the wake-up call he needs?

jch1911 likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy either. I just think he's very pedestrian and there are several instances where I do believe his inexperience has been exposed. But in general, I just find his demeanor to be very smug, and in my experience with people, those are the ones that generally don't learn a ton from their mistakes. I might be overly harsh here, and a lot of that stems from the frustration of (yet again) feeling like we aren't getting fair return on our assets, but I just feel like he leaves a lot on the table in terms of timing his moves and maximizing return.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the team made it quite clear that the development of these young guys - Green, Sengun, Jabari & Amen is the best chance they have of having a #1 on the roster ..... every move they made this offseason was to ensure the growth of those 4 guys.

They went into free agency without a lead dog and come out off free agency in much the same situation - One of those guys has to be this team's star ..... or this rebuild is back to phase 1.

sydmill, cmoak1982 and mac_got_this like this.
  7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

No to Bol Bol..I would rather want someone who can bang, give me Mo Bamba

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I agree completely. That’s our core. I think it hurts more if our top 3 picks don’t pan out. I want them all to hit, I think they fit together well

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Worth noting this was a key destination for Grant Williams. A Tate S&T for Williams remains an interesting possibility

Williams shoots 11% higher from 3 than Tate, won't someone think of (spacing for) the children

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

ThatBoyNick and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. finsraider

finsraider Member

There are only 2-3 teams left that could even make Grant an offer above the MLE. Houston is one of them. I have to think Dallas had Grant above Thybulle, but when the bidding went above the MLE, they switched their focus.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What are the others?

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Make that just 2 I believe. The Spurs and Houston.

Houston has $12.5 at the moment. If they convert Landale to the room exception, it goes up to $14-15. If they trade out Tate, it goes up to $20-21.

Rudyc281 and jch1911 like this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Can't hurt to hit Williams with an offer sheet. It would probably push Jabari to the bench, but that might not be the worst thing.

18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

i think Grant - unlike Villain - would be comfortable coming off the bench.

But in this new ROX locker room....

[​IMG]

OremLK and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Is Williams actually that good? He is small for a PF with 6‘6. Last season he averaged 8 points and 4.6 rebounds in 26 minutes. His 3pt percentage is nice. I don‘t really know him outside of the „I‘m gonna make both“ clip - if we would get him, just looking at the stats, I would be sure he would come off the bench.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, he talked smack in a playoffs game to Jimmy Butler, setting him off and leading to a Boston loss.

I believe he's from Houston.

Other than that, I guess he'd be a nice pickup, if Stone doesn't have a different rabbit up the sleeve. Which I'm not betting on, just to avoid disappointment.

jch1911 likes this.