1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJM, Garuba, TyTy, Jgup Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jul 1, 2023.

1. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

I also am sad that these guys had to have a group Pity Party, while Daishen Nix had like 10 threads on his impending and then actual (and well deserved) exit. Full disclosure. I started a Daishen Nix thread...maybe I should start a Destiny thread... yep. Second pour of the 12 year Scotch says yes.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Garabu was a smart player also.

saleem, No Worries and kspires999 like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

For three years we hemmed and hawed about getting value out of our departing talent, whether or not we had gotten enough for Tucker and Wood and Gordon on their ways out the door. Our hearts rose and fell on the coin flips that determined the exact number of what those picks in the 20's would become. We congratulated Stone for trading down from 26 to 29 and still getting a guy that many had thought to be the best pure PG in his draft class in Ty Ty.

All undone in one day. It was like watching the baptism scene in the Godfather. All for what? This is not how a good organization is run. Stone had counted pennies, and every little transaction was meant to be a little victory that would add up in time. This is not the behavior of Stone. It's gotta be an Order 66, coming from Emperor Udoka.

I thought they were at least going to give the kids a chance to compete for their jobs in training camp. Christopher and KJ were behind too many bodies, but Ty Ty had shown many flashes last year, while Garuba's sophomore season showed us he could certainly fill the role of offensive and defensive glue from the big man spot. These aren't players you pay other teams to take off your hands.

I view the organization in a 100% different light today than yesterday morning.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what.gif

topfive, ramotadab and Fantasma Negro like this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

… and a surprisingly good passer.

Garuba not getting minutes last year was a bit of a concern. Coach-ability might be an issue faik.

fchowd0311 and NewAge like this.
  7. NewAge

NewAge Member

I like this description. I have this hunch that's what we'll be saying about Scoot Henderson in awhile...

8. Fantasma Negro

Jalen definitely appreciated Josh

[​IMG]

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

10. Olajuwon

Olajuwon New Member

Bye Bye TyTy...woulda loved to see you in you're Senior season at Carver High!

[​IMG]

#30 Olajuwon, Jul 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
    ramotadab and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I'm right there with you. What they did yesterday was incompetence from top to bottom.

Imanimal likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Only KMJ got a real shot.....I wanted to see TyTy under Ime.....

DD

Ancient Moabite and Olajuwon like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And the best defender in the world outside of the NBA! :(

Easy and pippendagimp like this.
  14. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Just here to pay my respect to Uzi "Oops I crapped my pants" Garuba, Kenyon "My daddy says trade me" Martin Jr., Daishen "2 Sammiches" Nix, and Josh "I prefer to be on bottom" Christopher. You all will be missed but never forgotten.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Would have been nice, but with FVV, Amen, KPJ, and Green, there probably wasn't enough time to carve out for him. I did like TyTy last season since he always played calm and didn't turn the ball over. Certainly wish him the best.

Ancient Moabite and xaos like this.
  16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I tried to write something nice but we lost 2 1st round players who actually looked like contributing to an "oopsie", KMJ wish we would have gotten more but he was the odd man out now that we've added Brooks and Whitmore (and still need to find minutes for Tari).

JC was just confusion of the highest order. Why force him into becoming something he's not. Unsurprisingly a score-first guard without any elite traits couldn't become a serviceable point guard in an off-season. Never was going to get playing time but again wish we got more.

Regardless of how you feel about these players, what really matters is front office ****ed up badly. Asset mismanagement to the highest degree.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

Of course! He's a Kentucky guard. They don't suck. Silas on the other hand...

AroundTheWorld likes this.