1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Do you like the signing of Dillon Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 2, 2023.

?

Do you like the signing of Dillon Brooks?

Poll closed Jul 16, 2023.
  1. Yes

146 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. No

308 vote(s)
    67.8%
  1. VoR

VoR Member

You seem really dumb.

2. Gnimoay

Gnimoay Member

Dillon's plus/minus has been negative every year in the league. How is that possible if he is elite defender and OK in offence?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  3. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

If Brooks was not such a blabber and did not make headlines because of it, I do not think people would have disliked him as much.

4. Gnimoay

Gnimoay Member

Dillon's plus/minus has been negative every year in the league. How is that possible if he is elite defender and OK in offence?

5. Nivos

Nivos Member

No. But still need to see how the last 2 years salary look like to see if it's really bad, or just an overpay.
    I think that Eason is much better long run but I'm ok with him coming off the bench for 1-2 more years

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yep! That’s it.
    I’d add that Whitmore also has a junkyard dog about him. I like things.
    Jalen is the remaining fruitcake, hopefully he gets with the program, too.

groovemachine likes this.
  7. NewAge

NewAge Member

His +/- has been POSITIVE.
    You’re probably looking at OFF/DEF ratings. IIt is a bit strange, but I care more about the scoreboard, not some nerd stats. Scoreboard is moving in the right direction with him on the floor.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Then it's a bigger no for me then. We overpaid for a dude to b a starter that was rejected from his old team.

1. Taking a starting spot from our youngsters
    2. If he loses his starting spot, 20 mil to b a bench? That's a sht contract.

I might b wrong but he's gonna b the forum punching bag with this sht contract.

Got exposed by Ole man lebron, got rejected by his old team right away, and we decided to overpay for him to b a starter

Drift Monkey likes this.
  9. Ancient Moabite

Rodman on the court had plenty of junkyard dog in him but off the court wore a wedding dress and more recently a mini skirt, would that qualify Rodman as a hybrid mix being a junkyard fruitcake dog?

Jalen needs to play with that fire(fight) like he did against Suns/Hawks when he was going at it with Booker/Young&Murray

If he does that more consistent then he could join the rest in that exclusive VIP junkyard fruitcake dog club

not all dogs are the same, but they at least bring some level of fight with no fear

You clearly like things about the junkyard dogs who are fruit cakes (Rodman etc)

BamBam and NewAge like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look up all the stuff we traded for Alpha Kaba

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think you have to answer this with the imperative in mind handed down from the top.

WIN NOW

With that in mind, our options were limited and Brooks fit a need and despite his baggage, fit that need best IMO,

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Man Stone got bent over on this one period.

20 million? Hell no.

Weird thing is people say he's a good defender, but his #'s do not read like that. Metrics suck. If he proves us wrong then ok, but right now he's just a DB who can't shoot and just got booted off his team. Hope I'm wrong.

AroundTheWorld and Drift Monkey like this.
  13. VoR

VoR Member

You seem really dumb.
    Different trade. and more of a salary dump. Plus Alpha Kaba might end up being a sleeper. He has a legit NBA frame.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never Have I Ever Liked anything related to Dillon Brooks.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt people would have noticed him that much.

16. Underrated23

Underrated23 Member

He’s been on a winning team. So has Vanvleet. It should help with the culture. Hoping for another trade .

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

For the love of God, stop saying this.
    F265A60A-27B5-40BC-919F-5DC6A7D0FC6C.jpeg

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Usually when we add a new player the GARM comes around pretty quickly and the "approval rating" if you will is pretty good at first.

And then there's Dillon Brooks.

19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

This is clearly an Ime signing, and as I’ve said before, if that’s the price for locking Ime up I’m all for it. He wants a culture change and damn do we need it. Do I love DB? No, but if the declining salary structure is steep, we could be looking to offload a top 15-defender as he’s entering his prime as a severe discount - that won’t be a challenge. And in the meantime, he will give us some toughness and fit into Ime’s scheme.

persian hoopa likes this.
  20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Should be a poll option.