1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one excited about this squad?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Not done dealing yet. I’m excited. New coach, more experience, kept our core pieces. We haven’t lost anything of value and no matter how we all feel about Brooks, FVV will contribute to wins.

Speaking of Brooks, he’s still a great defender. I think he’s a clown but even the lakers met with him. Hopefully he’s humbled after the Lebron debacle

seclusion and xaos like this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]
    Salman Ali
    @SalmanAliNBA

·
    29s
    Sneaking suspicion that Houston isn’t done yet so I’m going to reserve judgment on all this for a few hours.

DeBeards and Snow Villiers like this.
  3. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

it was someone asking and Bima Thug says he's "hoping" the Grizzles take Mills, Tate, Jaygup. the guy then asked if that's the case how much cap room left for the Rockets, Bima Thug says $23.5M.

4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I’m exited regardless. But the rushed trades and poor asset management have to be discussed and debated.

Little Bit and ak99999 like this.
  5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Playoff here we come!

6. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I’m good as well ! They’re gonna be a better team next year and still have a ton of young talent. I still think they are also not done constructing this team.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

More curious than excited.. I think you may be the only one " excited " besides Udoka.. Our young studs can still take major steps while learning professionalism and accountability, so that's a plus.. I still expect Jalen to average 23or 24 points and Bari to be a 15/8 guy as the 4th option.. Still expect Sengun to put up consistent double doubles.. If they can still do that then the offseason is a success by a mile..

DeBeards likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im excited. **** Jock was shooting 3's

9. ak99999

ak99999 Member

10. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Was gonna make a thread like this, it's sports/life and you can't always get what you want all the time and things don't always pan out. Gotta have resolve and persistence and times like this will make the fruits of the labour all the more rewarding. Hang in there my rockets bro's im gassed to have two Aussies on the team Landale will surprise a lot of you and Patty is a sniper with a crazy crazy crazy work ethic and a true vet. He does a lot back home here for the indigenous community and feel he will add a much needed mature presence for the younger guys. I know a lot of us are upset and pissed off but I will always be a fan and i'm from the other side of the world... Hope this helps a little bit but we WILL get there eventually. It's all about the Journey not the destination and there's no quick fix in professional sports. Let's band together and enjoy the ride.

Sending everyone love and happiness.

Bless,

Foz

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Better than last year no doubt

Patience, lionaire and CantStopJG24 like this.
  12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I like this squad, there a chance it may pan out. FVV could be a allstar again, and Brooks is about to enter his prime, and could be interesting player. Maybe he is a better player than people think. Defensively they got a whole lot better.

Thompson and whitemore could be the real deal. There is a slight chance at .500 squad here, based on coaching too. Next year even better.

Lets go!.

Patience, MultipleSauces and xaos like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

It's really the Brooks move that I don't like, like 2 years $40 is an overpay I could accept. Clearly a transition roster as we pivot into competing.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I was after the draft?

now? Not so much

15. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

So if there was no Lebron James …. Dillon Brooks would be ….. ?

DreamShook likes this.
  16. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I’m excited to not be down 20 after the first Q.

In one offseason, we added an elite coach, a top PG and a top 3-4 prospect and removed the young immature kids. Hell yeah I’m excited.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Still trash.

BallSoHarden and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Most of the fans wanted Udoka here, now that Udoka is doing his job everyone seems to be losing their minds. Classic fan bipolarity.

19. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing could be worse than the past 3 years.

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

Definitely looking forward to next season.

We’ll finally be watchable for the first time in 3 years.

Our young players hitting their first play in game will feel great.

Believe It!, Patience and DeBeards like this.