1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Day 1 FA Meetings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glenadyll, Jun 27, 2023.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We are calling, texting, emailing, faxing and sending Ime and Stone to FVV’s house at 5:00 pm on Friday. I heard they are going to give him a big contract and tell him about Texas…no income tax state. I heard Orlando really wants FVV as well. A NBA analyst said, if Houston or Orlando get FVV this will change the trajectory of their team the next two years. We have Amen and they have Anthony Black but both teams need veteran leadership. It’s going to be a DOG FIGHTthis weekend….Toronto needs him and want to bring the gang back, Orlando and Houston have money and need a leader…a cultural changer. Houston needs to beg Brook Lopez to come here for 44 millions for two years and compete for a starting spot at Center. FVV would like that!

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

PAUL ALVES :::::::::::::-
    LOPEZ should be the very first player that we contact.
    HE WILL BE A MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE ROCKETS Team. Y

3. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I do not get why people wanna trade kmj. hes one of our best players and is still only 22. only thing i can imagine is having to pay him next year.

jch1911 likes this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I like KJ, but I don’t think he’s a good defender, he’s not a good shooter, and he’s undersized. Love his ability to play above the rim and how good of a cutter he is; love that he plays well off the ball. But I think we can do much better at the 3. In fact I think Tari is already better, and we just drafted an early lotto talent at that same position. All that and the fact that this is his last year on a value contract means he needs to be traded…at least that’s the way I look at it. I’d like to get the equivalent of a future late 1st.

Bo6 likes this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

I thought Harden has good work ethic?

What Udoka is saying in code is ''get me the best players, and as a coach I'll figure it out''

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

He also loves Nix. So…

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Nooooooooooo!!!!!

:mad:

Mr.Scary and BamBam like this.
  8. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

How is a 6’7” elite athlete undersized for a 3/4? I get he isnt the tallest guy in the league, but shooting and defense are much more reasonable criticisms, imo.

Also, this is crazy but KJ and Tari (who is 6’8” but apparently not undersized) are actually the same age! KJ is super young, I hope we keep him if there is a way to get him enough playing time that he wont be a malcontent.

#88 mikenm268, Jun 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    glenadyll likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Point taken; I thought Kj was 6’5”. I do think Tari is a better defender and shooter.

mikenm268 likes this.
  10. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

i think tari is better too, but the cam/tari/kj revolving door includes a bunch of potential plus defender/3 and d archtypes. So much athleticism

11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

1. Stone has been solid at drafting and terrible with free agency. This is his time to show us what he can do….

2. It’s funny how many national media are saying the Harden ship has sailed but that’s not the case. To answer OP JH13 is still gonna be the priority before anything

mikol13 likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not my GM

#NeverStoned

13. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

All good. I hope Tari has the higher ceiling given it’s more likely we keep him, but I also love KJ.

Aruba77 likes this.
  14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I've liked some of Stone's moves, but starting to think he's a little wack, especially if he really wants Brooks. That press conference was a little awkward. Wish we would bring in a real Basketball mind to run the show.

BHannes2BHonest and BaselineFade like this.
  15. sheb

sheb Member

Is there anyone good even available as an unrestricted FA? This pool of players is pretty mediocre so can’t hate on Stone if he doesn’t hit on anything.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'd first look at younger vets that bring what Ime is looking for and what we need on the team--Austin Reeves and Grant Williams fit age wise, bring playoff experience, are hardworking/high character guys who can shoot and play decent defense.

I like Brook Lopez, but just not sure it makes sense for him and isn't a perfect fit to keep developing Sengun. With that in mind, I'd target guys like...
    - Mason Plumlee--solid vet b/u center who can rebound, finish and pass. Downside is he can't shoot 3s.
    - Omer Yurtseven--Turkish wildcard, was hurt last year, but shot really well in 9 games he played (59/43/83). Restricted, but could be worth a shot.
    - Kevin Love--Excellent shooter, passer, rebounder and mentor; would not help on defense, so probably a no go, but sneaky interesting vet.
    - Andre Drummond--Floor eating rebound machine, who can still be a lob threat. Would give Ime a different look over Sengun, but no 3pt threat.
    - Jaxson Hayes--Res, but could have the most potential of any of these players. Had a decent 3pt in Yrs 2-3, but fell off last year. High energy 7'0".

ilias likes this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

imho, we've got three cutters playing the same positions:
    KMj
    Tari
    Cam
    among this three, theoretically, Cam is the best one, who can create his own shot while relentlessly cutting.

Believe It! and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

You have to spend the money anyway. You rather have Kyrie? Or you rather split the 60 millions for 3 average players? We don't have enough min for all those players. I don't mind 2 years. Easy to trade next season as expiring contract if thing don't work out. We are bottom 3 team. Players aren't willing to come unless you overpay them.

Garner likes this.
  19. Garner

Garner Member

keep the contract short and it doesn’t matter.

20. Garner

Garner Member

keep the contract short and it doesn’t matter.