1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the year Stone finally trades up in the draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Jun 18, 2023.

?

Will the Rockets trade up?

1. Yes, to get Scoot Henderson.

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Yes, to lock up their preference between Brandon Miller/Amen Thompson.

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. No, they'll stay put at #4.

48 vote(s)
    61.5%
  4. No, they'll trade back or trade the #4 pick away for a player.

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Where’s my f#cking consolidation trade Stone? Get over your ego and move off some of these guys.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol what? He traded up for Sengun...

Dacamel likes this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

More like traded back into the first round than traded up, but I was referring to our own top pick. Should have specified that I guess

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is the first year Stone is heavily pressured to do something, anything substantial.

To reach the goal of a 33+ win season.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. The highlights you posted are a great example of what Scoot can do. In the first half, Henderson seemed more focused on his offensive game and he certainly has one, while also showing his defense. In the second half Scoot displayed his passing skills and more defense. He befuddled Wemby several times.

One play stood out to me. Scoot drives to the basket and you can see Wemby moving to block it. Instead, Henderson finds a wide open teammate in the corner for an easy 3. The Frenchman was surprised. Simple play, very well done.

Yes, they are highlights from one game, but it was against a good team and Scoot going against the star of this draft. Man, I really wish we could get this guy. It's easy to imagine him playing with Green, Smith, Sengun and the rest. Fat chance, right?

Dacamel, Mathloom, OremLK and 2 others like this.
  6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

#46 RocketOrg, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Do the deal with the Mavs and get their #10, then dangle that, #4, and anyone on the roster not named Jalen, Alperen, or Jabari plus one or two of the Nets picks to try to get Charlotte to cough up #2.

Then snag the REAL Scoot.

#47 topfive, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    Deckard, Mathloom and xaos like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really think we should do this too though I believe we can keep the Nets frp and offer to absorb a contract instead (equivalent value of a FRP).

Amen could be as good as Henderson in the long run but with a far higher risk. I don’t think we should be taking risks even if it costs us something. We’re on auto-pilot to contention, can build incrementally and stay flexible.

Deckard and topfive like this.