1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{I.D.I.O.T.} Rockets could pursue Kyrie - Stein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jun 11, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

All of these has beens running around chasing rings are running around chasing rings for a reason. Meanwhile Giannis, Jokic and Steph all have won titles through home grown talent. Just stick to the plan and develop Green/Bari/Sengun. Also NASA is here and it is totally against what Kyrie believes in.

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not jumping at the chance to get Kyrie, but he can still play at least. Ben Simmons isn't even an average basketball player anymore.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Absolute basketball malpractice if they go after Kyrie to add to this crop of young players. Everyone should be fired immediately, including the owner and the popcorn vendors.

Little Bit and Deckard like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

@SteinLying

5. Fantasma Negro

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

No real difference to me when both keep finding non-basketball reasons to skip games

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

And Ted Cruz invited him to play in Houston when he was refusing to wear a mask. Maybe Ted is the real GM. [/noD&D]
    [​IMG]

MrSabotage and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What was that promo stunt the Rockets pulled during halftime of some game this year where they brought out another far right politician and he got his ass royally boo'd off the stage? LOL --- this is starting to make more sense than it should and that terrifies me!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was also called Jalen Hurt on that show.

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This smells more like a smoke screen to counter Harden's recent narrative. Kyrie is an amazingly skilled offensive player and also a total flake.

My initial reaction, was "hell no"..."no way"..."forget the fool". Then I started to ponder could he really be a difference maker for this team?

He would garner a lot of attention from the defense and would open up opportunities for our young guys (Green, Porter and Smith). He's also be an awesome spot up shooter for Sengun. He's only 30 and 3 years younger than Harden. He doesn't turn the ball over much.

Ok, with all of that said, his he the kind of vet/star we want this young team to learn from? So after almost talking myself into it, this last question sent me back to my original response. I won't quit watching the Rox if they sign KI, but I don't think it's the right move for this very young team. Hopefully, KI talk is just part of the offseason posturing and not a serious target.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

tilman the genius thought he should bring out former tv sportscaster/curretn MAGA enthusiast lt gov Dan Patrick to retire Elvin Hayes jersey.

It did not go well.

BMoney and Deckard like this.
  12. Dredd

Dredd Member

Bring Kyrie to Houston.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ugh. I'm just going to trust Ime on this one...

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

It's one thing if Ime can keep this dude locked in, but it's another to try and stop opposing backcourts from scoring at will on Green and Kyrie with Alpy as the last line of defense. None of our team makes sense for a guy like Ime. Really worried were going all in on a small window to contend and trading all our top young guys. Things just aren't adding up.

Little Bit likes this.
  15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

What Nazi rhetoric did he spread? Post the quote

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Stein, seems to be way off the mark. The rockets are not so stupid as to sign Kyrie!
    It would be just a waste of money !!! Y

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Being in any way associated with that turd is seriously the worst thing about being a Rockets fan. Yuck.

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I'm not a fan of signing injury prone players that sit out games for personal reasons. I sure hope we stay away from head cases like Irving and over rated guys like Harden. Dude has proven he can't elevate a team to win anything. Nothing more boring than watching a team jack up a millions 3's and not play any defense

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We have won more with Harden than any other player since Dream. That’s like a 2 decade sample size. People get stupid with hate.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]