1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

While he’s not wrong, he seems to be forgetting his son is a 100% off-ball player. If anyone would benefit from Harden’s return in terms of development, it’s KMJ. So many lobs, cuts, and open threes.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Good Lord, Sam. Udoka would have been grabbed up by another team, likely a more competitive team. Easy. Easy.
    "You think he's not replaceable?", you ask. So why didn't we just keep Silas around if coaching doesn't matter much (shades of Morey here). Why did the Rockets jump on him like a bum on a baloney sandwich?

"I'd like to get players here that reflect the way I want to coach."
    "Well, that's not how we do things here. We'll take your input, sure, but..."
    "Oh, is that my phone? Looks like another GM calling...."
    "Wait, wait!"

"Tilman decided to bring in Westbrook and overrode his previous, far more established and respected GM and probably his coach as well," you say. If I may show my age, let me quote Clint Black: "Everybody knows you live and you learn / But the lessons just go on and on." Maybe Tilman has learned (outside of wanting Harden back, which we're all debating as wise or foolish) when not to meddle.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

DOUBLE POST.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not only do i think he's replaceable - i know he's replaceable because he's already been replaced this year.

But anyway look at all of the coaches hired since the Rockets hired Udoka.

Nick Nurse - COTY/Recent Champ
    Frank Vogel - Recent champ
    Monty Williams - Recent COTY
    Adrian Griffin - (for some reason Giannis wanted him?)

Other than Griffin that's all guys people would have been happy to have after Stonetitta went to plan B " phase 2" - (blame the coach and pray for Victor Harden.)

All NBA coaches are replaceable. Maybe back like 30 years ago when Jordan refused to play for anyone but Phil Jackson, that's a special case - but, outside of player preference t's not like there's not literally dozens of hungry assistants/former coaches available at all times for a mere handful of annual openings. That's just math.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

He may not be wrong. Interesting though--I actually think KJ would benefit from having Harden on the team more than most of these guys. (Maybe Jabari too?) Off-ball players should do well with a great passer like Harden, but guys who need a lot of on-ball reps, maybe not so much.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Obviously K-Mart doesn't want his son only to be just lob threat. He has higher expectations.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

KJ Martin gotta make that happen. James Harden being on the team or not really has nothing to do with it. Kenyon Martin really needs to keep his mouth shut honestly and his son needs to truly put in the work to evolve his game on the court.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's common sense. I would welcome Harden back in a heart beat (even with all his choking) If I knew he would fit into a system that doesn't have him dominating the ball all the time. Harden will make this team better, but not in the way you guys think. The children will be side characters they will not learn to be stars watching harden. I would much rather be patient and watch the kids struggle and learn then see harden do harden things.

If Ime gets harden to buy into system ball with the occasional "go get a basket iso" man, make this man coach of the year.

OremLK likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw I think Kenyon would have been overjoyed if KJ was getting Lob packages under Silas. Silas didn't even use KJ's gifts. Imagine KJ as KPJ and Sengun's lob threat. K-Mart just wants to see real basketball. he wants his son to continue to get better and KJ has. Remember when Kj couldn't even shoot?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol why is Portions the guy who interviews.....

See how Portions laugsh when talking about dem checks......

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Only thing he can do anymore since he got chunky and his knee exploded

Those who can't do, podcast

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Sign him again with MDA. I think he is still the same Harden just Nash and Rivers forces him to pass the ball to KD and Embiid. He is still the most offensive players in NBA

#3533 elmotsang, Jun 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Eh, I think there's a couple coaches who are head and shoulders above the rest .... Pop and Spoelstra, then everyone else. They are needle movers and the list is very short.

The rest of the league is just hoping their coach is on par with his competition ..... but they are all looking for the next Pop or Spoelstra, hoping they stay with their franchise for decades.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Here we go, the leverage play gets exposed.

If he's torn, odds are he leans toward the status quo. That's how these things usually go.

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Man F this dude.

Ime don't want you anyway.

Go eat another cheese steak.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’m ready to make the decision for him.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly kind of sad. He ruined a good thing here with that exit of his and everybody's moved on but him.