1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we just signed Draymond Green next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 14, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Role players overvaluing role players.

DD

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

No to Draymond. Quitten vibes, plus Jaylen Green would break in half after the first practice punch.

Jontro likes this.
  3. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Draymond Green was the second most important player for the Warriors dynasty. He’s still an all nba defensive player and an underrated playmaker. I can see his value to a team like the Rockets. I just worry about his age. That’s an expensive coach on the floor.

xaos likes this.
  5. DaDakota

You just worry about his age? Not his punching a teammate in practice, or his dirty play all year?

Just his age?

I mean anyone that is against KPJ and is in favor of this Knucklehead is a full on hypocrite to the nth degree.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

rather have kpj then green 100 times outa 100, and i think kpj is worthless

DaDakota and PatBev like this.
  7. Ish

Ish Member

Not really, cause am sure if kpj was a 4 time champion dmvp all NBA defensive players , consider one of the greats at defense and an important piece to a dynasty championship team , am sure Houston rockets fan would not care about his knucklehead , just saying , winning is always be important for fans to look the other way

8. BMoney

You are conflating posters. I don't think KPJ is the great problem. He's just not a point guard.
    Since you brought it up, it's not a great idea to compare KPJ and Draymond Green. The Cavs couldn't wait to dump Porter once he had his outburst. He threw soup.

Green, on the other hand, *clocked a teammate* and the Warriors not only kept Green, but seemed to be more concerned about who leaked the footage than the act.

At the end of the season, Steve Kerr made the case for keeping Green going forward. “If Draymond’s not back, we’re not a championship contender,” Kerr said. “We know that. He’s that important to winning, to who we are. I absolutely want him back.”

When you compare players, Draymond Green is a top 75 player of all time. Full stop. I repeat, he was the second most important player on a 4 time NBA Champion franchise. Green was a second team all nba defensive team *this year.* Check out his on-off splits from this past season. The Warriors clearly recognize his value. Why wouldn't the Rockets consider him if he were available?

beardsanity713 and xaos like this.
  9. DaDakota

Bullshit he isn't that anymore - he is a guy that you can't count on, and he can't shoot, is declining rapidly - his days are long gone as a key player on a good team.

And Green is far from a top 75 player all time that is disrespectful to many much better players, he is lucky he had 2 all time great shooters to mask his deficiencies.

Up and coming teams don't build around has beens.....especially those with major mental issues......sure you add a player like him when they are the missing piece, like Ron Artest but not when you have impressionable young players and a new coach.....

Draymond Green is a cancer - he would devastate this team....go somewhere else.

DD

#229 DaDakota, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  10. Ish

Ish Member

Warriors wouldn't win 1 title without green , even if Durant was there , green was a huge reason they Houston that year in 7

xaos likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Draymond won’t get away with his eye gouging, punching, kicking and most importantly moving screens here.

PASS.

HardenReturns and OmegaSupreme like this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Please god no Draymond. Worst fit with Sengun possible. Just don’t get it unless we are trying to win a title over the next two years and I still wouldn’t give green more than 20 million.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cap. There's no way he was more important than Klay or Durant.

14. BMoney

The Warriors, with Stef, won without Durant and without Klay being at his best last year. The two essential pieces have always been Curry and Green, IMO. I think Draymond has peaked and is on his way down, so I get the hesitance to sign him to a big contract- there are legitimate concerns about his value moving forward. I still think he is worth considering for the Rockets. He would help this team. As to his importance for the Warriors, I don't think there is any question.

Here is a summary of Green's unique greatness at the top of his game.

Money quotes from this article:

• Green is the most versatile defender in the league, and maybe the best one too. He’s on track to win a deserving Defensive Player of the Year award, and he’s the only man on earth capable of transforming this Golden State team from a relatively poor defense into a top-10 one.
    • Because of Draymond’s suppressed scoring this season, his nightly stat line might not be catch your eye — Green’s current 10.7 points, 9.0 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 2.1 steals, and 1.7 blocks a night don’t look overwhelming.

It’s the combination, though, that makes Draymond so special. Let’s take a look around NBA history for a little perspective (all stats from Basketball Reference).
      To dominate like Draymond defensively and pass the ball so efficiently and hit the boards so hard… Green is doing something that few in NBA history have ever done. Draymond has increased both his steals and blocks per game from last season, while cutting his turnovers almost in half as he contributes those seven assists a game.

• Last year in the playoffs, unanimous MVP Steph Curry missed some time and played the rest of the playoffs less than 100 percent, and the Warriors needed Draymond to increase his playmaking while taking on more minutes at the small ball center role. He obliged with 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 6 assists a game, something done in playoff history by guys we only need one name to identify: Wilt (2x), Bird (2x), Magic, LeBron, Russell, Oscar, and Barkley. And he added 1.6 steals and 1.8 blocks a game just for kicks.
    • There’s another thing Draymond Green does really well that will never show up in a traditional box score: he’s awesome at screening the defender. The Warriors are scoring an absurd 1.24 points per possession coming off screens, and they’re doing it on almost twice as many possessions as any other team. Draymond is the best and most frequent screen-setter on the Warriors. He is the one freeing Steph and KD and Klay for open jumpers in that half-court offense. The Warriors are scoring better in half-court sets than almost every team in NBA history has been able to score in transition!

xaos likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh snap, Jalen is running away from Dray.....

clos4life likes this.
  16. DaDakota

Green is not that guy anymore did you watch the playoffs? He was destroyed on defense, he is slow now, and his shot is even worse, he is at the end of his career and is not worth a contract for a young team like ours.

DD

Jontro and HardenReturns like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oladipo + Landale basically gets this trade done now fyi

Amiga likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm ok with tari + green for donkey.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

A Dillon Brooks and Draymond Green lineup would break the minds of all NBA snowflakes. I hope it comes true.

SamFisher likes this.