1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Rafa touched on next month to speak with Ime clearly and be on the same page, that means Free agency after the Draft.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why should we believe this? Tilman decided to bring in Westbrook and overrode his previous, far more established and respected GM and probably his coach as well.

if TF want's somebody he's going to tell them to get him. What's Udoka going to do about it? Quit? He's lucky to have a job again. You think he's not replaceable? There's 30 NBA coaching jobs on earth.

If Udoka wants to pass up a payday and go back to not asnwering questions about his Boston scandal, he can defiintely do that, or

....he can take the players TF gives him and try to make the best of it. 99.999 % of us would choose the former option, and so will he.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

That’s the strongest statement of alignment and unity towards a common goal we have heard in Clutch City in quite some time.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is funny because the players Stone took before Ime hopped on were either Silas players or Tilman players.

Or players he liked himself.

5. sirjesse

Supporting Member

I strongly suspect Silas was under orders from above (not necessarily Stone) when it came to playing time for certain individuals, which is not alignment for the organization. From the coaching selections and the comments it would seem to indicate Ime is under no such pressure(s). His presence will positively impact the coaches and players. What is of important note is the impact his presence has brought to the C Suite. He is managing (leading) up as well as down through the organization. It is noticeable already and a great development for the organization. Alignment indeed.

BaselineFade and larry cook like this.
  6. SamFisher

https://www.landrysselect.com/

sirjesse likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Where tf are they? Are they doing charity work?

Invite the top prospects over already and stop eating turkey legs.

8. sirjesse

Supporting Member

DeBeards likes this.
  9. sirjesse

Supporting Member

daywalker02, DeBeards and SamFisher like this.
  10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I have no issue with everyone who loves Harden... the same as all of the fans who loved Lin...

Im not a Harden fan.. He has played with basically every so called superstar in this era except for LeBron and he still has no ring and he is a ghost during playoff time..

IMO I feel it's time for the Rockets to completely move on and try to get the train back on the right tracks.. They have a really good coach, so hoping things improve.

T_Man

solid, jim1961 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes, I remember the years Harden played with Jokic, Doncic, Curry, Davis, Kawhi, Lillard. Can't believe he didn't win a ring those years.

Imagine calling a guy a "ghost in the playoffs" who has better efficiency in the playoffs, than notable big time performers:
    Michael Jordan
    Kobe Bryant
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Jimmy Butler
    Luka Doncic
    Dwayne Wade
    Chris Paul
    Damian Lillard (equal, not better)

The one time prime Harden played with a LEGITIMATE superstar level player, they wrecked the league, and were basically champions if not for GOAT level competition, an untimely injury and questionable officiating.

The mental gymnastics people will perform to try and discredit this guy are ASTOUNDING.

The Rockets did completely "move on" and are on the right track.

Bringing Harden back is not a u-turn in direction nor a short cut, it is a logical rebuild phase II move. They desperately need a "veteran" point guard, and are incredibly lucky, that the best available free agent vet PG just so happens to be interested in returning. Its an incredible stroke or luck and an absolute no brainer. Especially considering there are literally ZERO decent alternatives (FVV lulz).

The only people that need to "move on" are people who can't seem to get over whatever butt hurt Harden feelings they have lingering from when he left. This is an absolute 100% all business move, it has nothing to do with nostalgia or anything else. If it were a four year younger Chris Paul or Damian Lillard who wanted to come in free agency, people would be thrilled.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Does Harden have it in him to play unselfishly, avoid playing ISO ball, move off the ball, etc? My interest level in bringing him back is correlated as much with those questions as it is with what size/length of contract he gets. I hope they won't sign him without Ime and James having a sitdown and laying out expectations from both sides.

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I’m prettier sure the Rockets know what kind of players Ime wants….I’m sure they talked about Harden during the hiring process

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. SamFisher

I can't think of a player on the roster who would benefit more than Kenyon Jr, but whatever.

Who gives a **** what these little league parents think?

BamBam, ElPigto and amaru like this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am not either. I think it would be a big mistake. Reunions are never what they are cracked up to be. Just thinking about all the positions I have had in the past. They were great times , but I have no desire to go back. What is over is over.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I mean, he’s not completely wrong. I still think James can facilitate and help our young guys out, but he is ball dominant. He’ll have to learn to keep the ball moving more than he has in the past if he’s playing in Ime’s system. I think there are fair arguments pro and con on the Harden issue. Fortunately for Kenyon Martin Sr., his son is likely to be traded this offseason, so it won’t be a concern for long ;)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If Harden is willing to evolve a bit it could work. He always been a great catch and shoot guy.