1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are you taking with the 4th pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, May 16, 2023.

?

Who are you taking?

1. Amen Thompson

148 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Jarace Walker

34 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Ausar Thompson

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Cam Whitmore

37 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Trade the pick

101 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. Other (Specify)

14 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Whitmore would play well off of Sengun IMO. Quick and powerful cutter. Could also serve as screen and roll man in 3/5 PnR with Green, Smith and KPJ on wings.

No Worries likes this.
  2. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lmao why in the world would Detroit ever do this?

3. fattz

fattz Member

Thunder’s #12 and all/most of our picks back from the Westbrook/Paul trade.
    For
    Our #4

12 & 20. = Point & big.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sounds good, we could continue the tank .... cause we still need a #1.

BHannes2BHonest and fattz like this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Amen Thompson would be heavily in the conversation for #1 next year (2024). It's a weak draft class. Not sure about 2025 but we already have our own pick that season.

2026 looks insane with Flagg and Boozer but do you honestly want to tank that long?

BMoney likes this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I've been saying it for a while. If you keep the pick, Whitmore is the safest bet at 4. I kinda think he might go before Miller when it's all said and done though, so you might not get the chance.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Lively and Cason Wallace might stibe there at 1.12

Jalen Hood-Schifino might be there at 1.20

8. fattz

fattz Member

Life would be wonderful if this were to happen.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm just getting to the point I'm excited about Amen, which means somebody is going to take him and leave us with like Brandon Miller or something. And Brandon Miller will then end up being nowhere near as good as Amen - but only if the Rockets draft him.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Haha that exact thing happened to me today. Brief panic.

I was like, man Amen is a freak....this dude could be unbelievable....omg...some one is going to take him....omg...we are going to get stuck holding the bag....wait...that means Miller probably falls to us....wait....Miller is really freaking good.....tacos.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is pretty much me. If we move up to draft Scoot, he'll be a crack addict living under a bridge. Meanwhile Amen will have stories 20 years (yes, 20, but by then he will only be the 12th most athletic player in the NBA, while playing with his twin sons Amun and Eleison) from now saying "he went at #4 because he couldn't shoot, but now look at him. He's shooting 97% from 3." Would be the Rockets fan kind of thing to happen. Also the reason I'm not sure I want Gradey Dick. "He's an incredible 3 point shooter!" He'll come here and not be able to make a layup, a mid-range or a 3 and will have to rely on his ... yeah... whatever else it is he brings.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I know it feels like that after three years of garbage basketball, but the common factor in all of that is gone

(Stephen Silas)

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That garbage basketball is about the only thing that helped us get the #2, #3, and #4 picks. I'm appreciative. lol.

cheke64, Believe It! and OremLK like this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agreed. I want Scoot/Amen/Cam because that gives us another shot at a franchise option BUT I am still pretty optimistic one or two of our current guys emerge as all stars over the next two years.

I just think things are going to LOOK way different witch a new coach, another offseason and a couple vets.

OremLK and sydmill like this.
  15. Ancient Moabite

For same reason why they took Darko over Melo, though its really a joke since its not the same management group then and now

16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Amen is elite and can be a FRANCHISE PLAYER but Brandon is just a good player. Nothing is elite about him, but his shooting….but Jabari’s shooting was elite last year…I want Amen! He is a elite playmaker, elite athleticism and elite finisher…just need to shoot. Kawhi could not shoot in college and Houston passed him up and now this guy is a Franchise player and won a championship. Kawhi, had a elite 1st step, athletic and a great defender but could not shoot. I would give up the Clippers pick for Amen.

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I think we have a great core with Green, Sengun, and Jabari.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That post was totally sarcasm - I've had more tank than I can stand.

OremLK likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would trade down and somehow try to end up with Taylor Hendricks

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I trade down, #4 to ORL for #6 and #11.
    At #6 I take Anthony Black, then at #11 Dereck Lively II (unless Whitmore, Walker or Hendricks drops).
    Then at #20 I take the highest rated long wing with major upside potential that's left such as Bilal Coulibaly, Leonard Miller, Maxwell Lewis or GG Jackson.

Black and Hendricks up to #4 and #5 on NBADraft.net's newest big board.

Although considering they now have Gradey Dick at #6 over Both Thompson twins and Cam Whitmore, coupled with the fact they also have Dereck Lively down at #27 I'm not sure how much value I put in their scouting acumen now! lol

https://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard/

Corrosion likes this.