1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets expected to part ways with Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rolliepollie, Apr 7, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hey why not just get Phil Jackson as our GM and Pop as our coach? Tilman can't pull those two might as well sell the team.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Phil Jackson is a terrible GM. Why would we want him? He was soo trash in New York. He's basically a nothing with 3 of the best players to ever play the game.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay Brad Stevens. Tilman should get him.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Weren't exactly my words. DD was hoping he would win, I said the owner did not put his foot down enough, it shows with his Commanders offer.

Dude only buys teams for prestige and to be paraded around in the media.

He settles for mediocrity, bad habits and culture, questionable front office etc for far too long.

He does not know anything, shows when he tried to install Patrick into all of this.

Show me that he really cares about winning a championship and spending big or wisely!

5. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. He's not getting fired, his contract is just up. They didn't pick up the 4th year option but he fulfilled his contract and that's the end of it. Yeah he got a raw deal, he was supposed to coach Harden and veterans, blah blah but when things changed (and things can change in a hurry in the NBA) he just didn't do a great job. I don't think he did a particularly terrible job but he didn't exactly wow anyone. When there are potentially other options, why would you extend him?

Again, he's not getting fired. His contract is up. Isn't that what Rockets organization has historically done with its coaches in the past? D'Antoni, JVG (I might be wrong about this one)

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

7. marinara

marinara Member

make sense, all the Celtics Assistant's are coming to Houston.

clos4life likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They are going into tank mode. Give them KPJ and Nix to support their endeavours.

ArtV, clos4life and slothy420 like this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good for Silas. I think he's a solid assistant for sure. Very experienced at the organization, structure, processes, and strategic playbook of being an NBA coach. He's just not that kind of leader though to be the head coach with a young growing team. Just doesn't have that gravitas that you need with a head coach. Maybe he'll get another shot at it in the future though like JBB, etc. and improve like he did.

AroundTheWorld and clos4life like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So we trade Silas for Udoka and Sullivan? Did we ask for a FRP to sweeten the pot?

AlperenSengun likes this.