1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No it's not a fight, it's big board season, it's too serious for fighting.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the point was talking about how good of a baby sitter he would be in those 2-3 years and I do not see that happening quietly either.

Guy is known to change his mind every offseason. And his priority has been tending to his relative in Houston except going to the entertainment venues.

Caesar likes this.
  3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I really really really hope the Rockets don't bring back Harden....

I stopped watching the team because of him and was looking forward to watching the team this year....

I said it before and I will say it again Harden is the reincarnation of Adrian Dantley...

T_Man

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I loved the Harden era. Every GM should try to acquire a top-5 player and build around him.

Find the new Harden, not the old one.

jcmoon, BlastOff, xaos and 4 others like this.
  5. SamFisher

"Pardon our mess putting up 4 (5?) (6?) 20-win seasons, we're trying to be patient and find the new Harden... haven't found him yet but according to Aron Baynes Logic - we're pretty much due"

Corrosion likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, they've kinda tried that with KPJ. Uhhhh....

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's not like signing the old Harden should do too much to prevent finding the new Harden, it costs 0 assets to sign him, we don't have control of our picks over the next few years, and we can still create enough space with a couple of trades for another max next FA if an opportunity comes up.

Will likes this.
  8. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

To be fair, the teams he leaves don't win titles, they win draft lotteries.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but WHAT?? Look, I'm 100% on the fence about bringing him back, and see both sides of the argument, but you STOPPED WATCHING the Rockets because of James Harden?? You literally stopped watching the best team we've had since the championship era because of the man responsible for ushering in that era in the first place?? I completely understand not wanting this current version of Harden back, but the Harden we had here for the better part of 8 years was simply one of most dominating offensive forces the league has ever seen. He was a bona fide superstar that came here when this franchise was in its doldrums, catapulted himself into becoming a perennial MVP candidate, turned this team into a legitimate title contender, and did nothing but great things in this community..... and you're saying you stopped watching that?? I mean this with all due respect, but come the **** on. It's like people forget just how shitty it was to have a middling team that couldn't ever make the playoffs, but also couldn't tank hard enough to get a lottery pick. It was the ****ing pits because we were literally spinning our wheels on a treadmill of mediocrity with no end in sight. James Harden changed ALL of that. Again, you can not want him back....but citing his last tenure here as the reason why is asinine.

Patience and BMoney like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

maybe T-Man is saying James Harden made him stop watching because he requested a trade and the team went to complete sh*t…that’s the only thing that would make sense to me

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

“I miss his dick so much!!!”

Grow the **** up you sound like a b****

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You prefer to watch a 20 win rockets team over a 60 win rockets team? Wow.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

How about sabotage the team by showing up to training camp fat and continuing that attitude with every team he has been on since

You guys are the giant simps that veg their girl to come back after she’s getting DP’d by chad and Tyrone

need this forum to become a rockets forum and ditch the trash new posters it’s accumulated

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

His point went over your head, I’m out

This forum sucks for a reason, the real rockets fans don’t bother posting in the GARM anymore (routinely)

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

nah there were posters actually dumb enough claiming they preferred the teams of the RA era because of hurr durr ball movement

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

cool story bro

BHannes2BHonest and BMoney like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sure, but to outright stop watching? Did he watch the 17-18 season? 18-19?

BMoney likes this.
  18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't buy that horsecrap.

Patience likes this.
  19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I hear you on the assets point. In terms of tradeoffs, my concern is more about the 15 or 20 seconds of shot clock I don't want to give back to him. (Insert joke here about what we currently do with those 15 or 20 seconds)

ThatBoyNick, Mathloom and xaos like this.
  20. SamFisher

It's not even a joke though - the Rockets had the worst half court offense in the NBA last year. Not hyperbolically - the literal worst according to second spectrum, iirc.

Even pace wise they weren't particularly a fast team last season - 16th, due to huge amounts of Green/Porter dribbling as well as defense that didn't get stops -> transition. FWIW the Rockets were 9th in the NBA in 7+ dribble shots this season, Philly was 11th. Dallas with Luka was runaway 1 here.

Harden - even in his old age - is a maestro at orchestrating favorable half court matchups that lead to favorable looks - that's his entire craft.

I know there's some fantasy that "well we got a real coach now ime udoka blahblah so therefore..."

Folks, it's not like the 2022 Celtics were setting the world on fire with backdoor cuts. They primarily ran isos & pick and rolls , like pretty much everyone else. That's just the way offense in the NBA is.

#3480 SamFisher, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    TimDuncanDonaut, HP3 and Patience like this.