1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we just signed Draymond Green next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 14, 2022.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't really get the fit if we're drafting Amen...Henderson, Whitmore, Walker, or Hendricks, or if we plan on Sengun playing significant minutes, or if we plan on Smith playing the 4.

A number of very specific moves would have to be made for signing Draymond to make sense.

Little Bit and Arnel like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The fit is that the Rockets draft some 19 year old dumbass whos going to probably suck in his first year like the last 5 19 yo dumbasses they drafted .

Then, on day 1 of practice instead of handing him a starting job - as is customary in Houston - Draymond Green punches that kid in the face and he gets a bus ticket to McAllen to play for the Vipers.

Accountability has returned. /End

4. xaos

xaos Member

5. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

This is not really based on anything but somehow I'm reminded of Pippen's time in Houston when I think about Draymond here. It's just not gonna work

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

The condition for signing Green should be he promises to punch all our inefficient chuckers.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Are you CRAZY?

topfive likes this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

Draymond may need to refrain from that route because when he punched Poole it seems that turned him into a inefficient chucker, especially in the postseason

Draymond has done enough punching and nut kicking and verbal attacking mates(KD) etc to last three basketball lifetimes, its about time somebody punches him for every 3pointer he chucks up or every T he gets

clos4life and don grahamleone like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm against the idea, almost as much as I'm against a member making an unnecessary personal attack against the OP that has nothing to do with the topic.

clos4life, kjayp, xaos and 3 others like this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

honestly.... i would throw-up a little... but it would prob be a great move towards forging an identity and culture...

don grahamleone and jcmoon like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yetti crazy.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the moment he does not have the chance to go deep into the Playoffs, I think he would contemplate retirement........I think he is just coddled and used to winning on the big stage.

Other than the nut kicking, he is a great mind and would make a decent assistant coach.

If he is not already one in theory.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sam Fisher hates Jalen so much he wants someone to clock him right in the face :D

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I vote no thank you.

clos4life and don grahamleone like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol what are the chances.....Dillon the Brooks is barking at multiple teammates and get kicked off the team just a few months he has been on the team.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Never! The last player on earth I would want on the Rockets. Especially not with a bunch of young guys. First, he is over the hill, and he has an incredibly annoying and disruptive personality. He is my least favorite player in the NBA.

clos4life likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He definitely has some very, very strong negatives but you have to acknowledge his positives which is bringing in immense winning experience and defensive philosophy.

solid likes this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

You have a point, but in my opinion, at this stage in his career, the negatives out weigh the positives. Admittedly, he was probably a perfect fit for GS during their champship runs.

clos4life likes this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I sure as hell wish we had Draymond, as dirty/scummy as he is, during the Harden/CP3 years. Now? He's declined to the point where the negatives outweigh the positives, IMO. The Poole punch really negatively impacted GS this year, imagine what he'd do on our team full of young 20-somethings.

clos4life and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

If we HAVE to deal with Tilman being short sighted and getting Harden? Yeah. I like it. Put mean, loud ass barking dogs around Harden and the kids. Bring back Bev too. Hell, trade for Steven Adams too. Just...not Dillon Brooks. Please. He will never recover from that embarrassment.
    Come to think of it. I want guys who bark for defensive purposes. I don't want anyone like Brooks who barks thinking he's kobe and going to outscore you when you're really just a regular joe who has done nothing. We already got 1 delusional player on the team. No more.

OMG, but can you imagine how hated we would be with Draymond, Brooks, and Bev and Harden started annoying the media and fans again living at the line? Hilarious. Love the feeling, but I couldn't stomach the actual games.

Ancient Moabite likes this.