1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shortsightedness will lead to downfall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BallaDoc, May 29, 2023.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He hired the guy to execute and if it's fail, that's on tilman since he's the owner

2. fattz

fattz Member

this 1000 times. My eyes are on Wallace & Hood-Schifino. Black has promise, too.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

I think ideally you get a lesser PG in the draft that fits the system and pickup a veteran like Derrick White who can add stability and be a quality backup later.

I like a Amari later in the draft but I admit he comes across a little KPJ 2.0...

4. fattz

fattz Member

Porter is better than average and can shoot, too. A system would go along way to help the team.

charlieaustin and DaDakota like this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

I like KPJ more than Green. More about the redundancy than slight.

I worry more about Green keeping up on defense than KPJ, though a concern for both. Will have to see what Udoka thinks.

My concern with KPJ and Green being paired up was another Francis/Mobley situation where teammates get frozen out and bad shot selection runs unchecked.

Many of the things said about Green were said about Francis and his quickness...

fattz and DaDakota like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, Blindedness. So shortsightedness might be an upgrade.

daywalker02 and fattz like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Porter is seen as secondary help ball handler, it makes sense to find the primary one.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is that what the org thinks?

DD

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was on NBA or ESPN Trade machine, the mini description below the player.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well that is typed in nonsense from a data monkey.......or programmer.....come on.

DD

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Judging from what Ime said, yes. Unless Harden comes or we get Scoot, Sengun will be setting up the offense in the half-court. KPJ may bring the ball up, but he will rarely be initiating from the half-court. I like KPJ in the guard rotation and expect him to blossom in that role. He just not have the court vision to be a PG.

fattz likes this.
  12. marinara

marinara Member

Francis wasn’t 6’6 tho

13. marinara

marinara Member

org didn’t care about anything expect draft capital. We’ll find out seriously what this team is gonna be this season and next.

14. Landry's Tooth

Neither are KPJ or Green...

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. marinara

marinara Member

Jalen is 6’6 he just said it last week on podcast.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have been less than impressed by Porters scoring ability independent of his handling and passing. He's really awkward at attempting simple layups and straightline drives. Not sure if it's his lack of first step or finishing abilities. He throws up really hard layups sometimes for no good reason.

18. Landry's Tooth

I guess we'll find out when the measurements are done.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm not saying we DON'T sign a veteran or two to make us more competitive. As much hate as Harden gets here, he still has game and a lot of what we complimented about his game was that it would age more gracefully than that of a Russell Westbrook, John Wall, and even someone like Ja Morant.

I could see us signing Harden back... attracting vets like Pat Bev, PJ Tucker, and adding a big like Poeltl to fill out our lineup and becoming an almost instant contender in the West.

I just don't want to throw the house at someone like Harden and be in the same position that had us trading CP3 at his lowest value to the OKC Thunder just to get another player that would get traded within a season or two. Not saying the Westbrook scenario will playout exactly as it did this first time around, but I could see us cashing in on some of our young guys for a disgruntled star (ala Trae Young) and all of a sudden be left with nothing to show for after he wants out and Harden is even deeper in decline.

This is the time that management will be tested, obviously we all hope they make the right moves but as of now they haven't really earned anyone's faith since we haven't amounted to much, yet.

#119 FLASH21, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023