1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Barry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sally never at any point was living happily ever after. She was miserable when with Barry. She was also clearly still a miserable person at the end. Her son said "I love you, mom" and she ignores that and responds with "it was good, right?" asking about the little high school show. She's still, deep down, that sad, narcissistic person she always was - still trying to prove to herself and others that she can do something in the world of acting, and too focused on that to actually have a meaningful life. I don't think her character is capable of being truly happy.

Also, Hank has a well documented history of hiring terrible hitmen (I mean, that's how this whole show got started), so it's not too big of a stretch that the people he hired actually weren't nearly as good as they had boasted.

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and Caesar like this.
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I didn't like the time jump. All momentum stopped at that point. It's like they didn't know how to end the show with the path it was on so they just decided to reset the table with the time jump. But then you needed a couple of episodes to re-establish everything. IMO, the ending wasn't satisfying enough to justify slamming on the brakes in the middle of the season.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

true true. I was so upset Sally was free and having success that i didn't catch that part. Still a narc til the end. I like that.
    Good point about Hank as well, but he was my favorite character and the only character of all of them who had some decency and humanity. I get what they were going for. Maybe it's more that Fuches got the upper hand was able to shoot and kill and escpae the slaughter that killed everyone else, but at the same time sally survived it too. She just ninja'd her way to cover in a blink of an eye-though i like how her natural instinct was to protect herself and not jump on fuches to get him off her son.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

So I thought the whole time jump was a weird twisted flashback to Barry's childhood as seen through his sick lens, with Barry playing his father and Sally his mother. I didn't figure it out until the end of the episode. :p

5. Beezy

Beezy Member

They seemed to be going for David Lynch surrealism after the time jump. It took a while to realize we were seeing what was happening and not Barry hallucinating like in previous episodes.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It was still weird, with the trailer in the middle of an empty field, and the tractor scene in the middle of an empty field. Makes me wonder if the whole show was a hallucination.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is this last season worth ten bucks?

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Meeehhhh...not really

Jontro likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Turned Walter White.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

their way of a soft reboot to have a spinoffs of other characters from their own hallucinations/reality

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Seasons 3 and 4 (particularly 4) killed any remaining interest in Barry.

12. dmoneybangbang

I really liked it from start to finish. Thought the last season was pretty great and really enjoyed how it ended.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I decided before watching the last few episodes that as long as they didn't screw it up as bad as Dexter did I'd probably like it. I liked it.

14. dmoneybangbang

Some great moments in season 4. Stephen Root and Anthony Carrigan really killed it.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Those 2, especially the shootout, are one of the very few moments in Barry season 4 that actually shine. For the most part, disappointing season though.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Entertaining relationship between Crystal Bal and Hank....no dry humping.

clos4life likes this.