1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. dmoneybangbang

No, I'm very dubious that this single metric is all that predictive.

2. dmoneybangbang

I was on team Green before the draft.

But yes, I think I am far more partial towards roster building than you because Green is emotional to you.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well then you are one of those fans Ray Allen talked about when he said the one thing fans underestimate is attempted a clean shot without getting blocked in the NBA. Any player that comes into the league that young being able to take that high volume and that high output has star potential. You have to be really gifted to do that when your body is still developing and isn't even in its full adult form. Players that young will have flaws outside of ultra rare talents like Luka, Zion and LeBron. So no Green isn't some all around efficient savant at 19-21. Is that really disappointing to you?

There is a reason why that list is full of all-star-to MVP level players only outside of Green and Anthony Edwards who also is really young and will be a perennial All-Star most likely from here on out.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'd be a pretty massive upgrade over Jalen though, problem is, it would take A LOT to get him. Odds are Jalen Green will never be as good as Jaylen Brown, but the Rockets might as well give the kid one more season and see if he can be even a break even caliber player overall. If he can't at least break even overall, then there will be a conversation to be had at that point.

If you could get Jaylen for just Jalen, you'd do it in a heartbeat, but the Celtics would want A LOT more than just that and I agree, I don't think it's worth it for this team at this time.

5. fchowd0311

Well I guess we are at an end here without getting nasty at each other so ya I guess "agree to disagree" is the best thing I can say here.

6. dmoneybangbang

"Potential" sure..... wouldn't argue otherwise but right now he just a bad team, good stats player in my view because I've watched him for two years.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. fchowd0311

Why would you even say that about a dude in his rookie contract.

"Good stats, bad team" is reserved for veterans like Terry Rozier who've made a career of it not kids in their development phase in the NBA.

9. dmoneybangbang

You were already getting snippy..... You replied to me dude.

My entire point was just to keep an open mind and ask. I would hope Stone asks about KAT too.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dude won't get a second contract with this team if he keeps playing as poorly as he has the past 2 seasons.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. dmoneybangbang

13. fchowd0311

Asking about players is different than suggesting we should trade Green for Brown...

And I hope you didn't imply reading Green for KAT.

You are begging for a decade of first round fodder and barely missing the playoffs.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

clyde couldn’t go left either, but he was able to compensate with elite first step, spin dribbles, better passing vision, and pull up J’s. also he didn’t have jaylen’s resting b!tch face

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thus far, Green has only been good for tanking.....so a decade of first round fodder and barely missing the playoffs would be an upgrade.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. monster

monster Member

It’s not at an all-time low. He had a few bad games in the ECF, but the Celtics aren’t going to offer a discount for that.. You’re willing to give up too much.

19. dmoneybangbang

Clearly you aren’t asking just for the sake of it. It just doesn’t seem reasonable to expect we keep and develops all of our top picks.

BamBam likes this.
  20. monster

monster Member

It’s not at an all-time low. He had a few bad games in the ECF, but the Celtics aren’t going to offer a discount for that.. You’re willing to give up too much.
    And ridiculous that you’re willing to throw Jabari in as filler after his rookie season. Even though a few rookies accomplish impressive numbers, most take 2-3 seasons to catch their stride. You’re offering to pay 2-3yrs worth of rebuild for one “pretty good” player. NBA GM title is not going to be on your resume any time soon.