1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. dmoneybangbang

LOL..... Then by all means pick an advance stat to compare the two....

Because on the other hand.... Green's own stats are a reflection of his environment.

"Reasonable natural progression", what does that mean? Getting to be a top 25?

Unfortunately, basketball isn't played on just one end.

2. dmoneybangbang

No.... that's just your prerogative because you overvalue your own players.

Essentially you are saying all of our core 3 are the saviors of our franchise.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Reasonable natural progression: as in what to expect from players who produce this :

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/wh...on James has the most,+ points, with 57 games.
    At their respective age.

Do you know how many superstars drafted to bad teams had horrible advanced analytics when they were 19-21?

Basically all that were drafted to tanking teams besides Lebron and Luka

4. fchowd0311

I provide reasonings for my evaluation.

Do you even watch the games? I get it. The Rockets are tanking team so it's difficult to watch but I feel like you stare at advanced analytics and call it analysis.

5. fchowd0311

Can you explain the concept of winshares and it's dervied and what it exactly says and what it doesn't based on covwriances?

6. dmoneybangbang

And what does that mean? That you project Green to be a HOF player? He's also near the bottom of FG% so how impressive is it to be such a great bad team, good stats player? How impressive is that a chunk of Green's 30 point games are coming at the end of the season?

IDK? I'm left with more questions than being impressed.

Rokman likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

Brah you using fg% in 2023.

I don't know what he will be but stop pretending every time a team invests in a young player they aren't taking a risk that they don't pan out. That is part of team management. Taking risks. There are risks both ways. You prematurely ejaculate shooting your load for a mid star to get a couple of play in tournaments and then be first round fodder for a decade while the player you traded away becomes a superstar.

Is that a concept you can't grasp? Am I saying he's a lock in for hof? He has to put in the work but at a certain point your logic just implies "any time we have a young player, as soon as a mid to borderline star is available you have to trade for them outside of a Luka or LeBron level player"

8. dmoneybangbang

Nope, had league pass and watched them from Austin. Try again......

9. fchowd0311

"
    I don't believe you. You never actually discuss on court evaluation and all your arguments are "VORP says this"

10. dmoneybangbang

Are you unable to just tell me what advanced stat you prefer to use to compare players?

11. fchowd0311

Do those other players on the list I proved not have "end of seasons"

Did the concept of "end of season" not exist before Green?

12. dmoneybangbang

I don't really care. I know from the Green threads that you are a huge Green fan..... and a pretty biased one.

13. fchowd0311

I find advanced stats literally junk the moment you compare a player on a tanking team to a player on a contender. It's literally dog **** water usefulness at that point.

Do you want to see Mikal Bridges advanced defensive metrics just from changing teams? They are two different players basically if you look at just advanced defensive analytics.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen with tunnelvision, knees I don't trust, and that massive contract. No thank you.

It's an acceptable risk for another team. Not us.

15. fchowd0311

I am a big Green fan!

16. dmoneybangbang

.... you prefer projections and lists that exalt Green on the level as Lebron and Durant despite the eye test telling you he isn't close to that level. But but but Booker..... still just a projection of a bad team, "good stats" player.

I'm just trying to find a way to compare players in two different situations.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Why would you assume when I show you that list that I think he will be Lebron?

Are you resorting to strawmen now?

My point is that list has zero flukes outside Wiggins who arguably redeemed himself on the Warriors.

Booker is a very very reasonable expectation for Green.

18. fchowd0311

There is no shortcut. It takes time investment in watching multiple NBA teams regularly. The Celtics is the second most watched team for me simply because I live in Massachusetts.

19. dmoneybangbang

I know..... you aren't exactly partial towards this issue

20. fchowd0311

Sure I guess. Do you think you are partial? I know you will answer "I'm a Rocket fan, I hope Green pans out"

But man understanding online behavior people can have an initial take like for example believing someone else should have been drafted and then because of that initial take, you have to defend it for the rest of the players existence online because you attached your persona to that take. (see @Bobbythegreat)