1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka new Rockets head coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Apr 24, 2023.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This is a welcome sign. Stone and Udoka need to work through this unpredictable draft.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I've never understood why some of us waste so much time trying to badmouth our players. Sengun, to no fault of his own (all players actually) has been force to play tankity tank with a clueless Joker face coach at the helm his entire, yet brief NBA career! Making assumptions based on the tank timeframe is asinine!! I'm really eager for the season to start to see what Coach Udoka can do with these young kids!! At bare minimum we will see a better more cohesive style of basketball where the players know their roles and are held accountable for their behavior on and off the field!! Long gone are the smiley faces during and after a loss!! Drove me bonkers!!!:mad:

Honestly, I'm not sure why a #16 pick gets so much scrutiny, heck IMHO he's already outplayed his selection!!

Go Rockets!!!

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

So, half the staff will be x-Celtics?
    I don't know these guys, are they the ones we wanted?

Glad to see the process move along.
    3 or 4 more spots to fill?
    Wonder how many if any of last years Rockets staff survive?

#1123 jim1961, May 31, 2023
    Last edited: May 31, 2023
    BaselineFade and clos4life like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

New England South.

<not serious>

Unless we bring in Jaylen.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Interesting. I mean, at least Ime is the only one that got them to the Finals with that group of coaches. Sometimes your team can be good enough that the difference from a Finals appearance and ECF loss is a coach or role player. Like the difference from the Bulls pushing Knicks to 7 games in the 2nd round in 94. Very good team that with Jordan is a 3 peat team. That's a massive leap of an example obviously, so..... Suns prior to Chuck were a middeling yearling playoff team, Chuck turned them into a Finals team. Bad Boys 2.0. Larry Brown and Sheed. Champs. Without Brown. ECF. Still a very good team. Without Ben Walace ECF. Still decent team. Not champ material.

Ime might have that effect as a coach, except in our case were the C's while Tatum and Brown are still in their early pre stardom rise. So we still have several years of development. Maybe 2.5 before it clicks.
    Unless of course Tilman gets short sighted and destroys the cap for a tiny win now window with a team that cant clearly win just so he can get some playoff returns- then proceed to dump all of our former lottery picks because he won't pay over the lux tax to resign them.

I like the odds that we pick the internal development path vs Harden and trading for Jaylen etc. I'm here for the ride.

Drift Monkey, clos4life and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

you’re, he has outplayed his draft selection. My problem is that his fans like to overhype him by saying he’ll be better than Hakeem and Jokic. They always **** on everyone else on this team to prop Sengun up. I just don’t stand for that ****, but that’s me

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Me too. Just don't know what ride that is just yet.
    While the coach and coaching staff are important, the player moves are more so.
    And many of the things I hear might happen could doom us for years to come (IMO).

Caesar likes this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Can't freakn wait to see what Udoka and his guys do with this group. Gonna be a fun year for sure.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Not sure about fun, but it should be packed with drama.

Believe It! likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

None of the Sengun fans **** on "everyone else on this team". You are making this up, 100 %.

Drift Monkey and clos4life like this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

So because of this you've decided to play the devils advocate?o_O

Personally, I think it's unfair to put the label of mini Jokic or franchise player on him, I also think it's unfair to say he won't become worthy of those accolades in the future! Truth is there are no "Oracle's " in the GARM, just fans who like to debate (some more than others) that their opnion is more righteous than thy fellow brother! I'm sticking to my opinion that we should wait until Udoka has a chance to coach the kids before we crown anyone the next GOAT or decide that he is incapable of being the next GOAT! That goes for Green/Bari/Tari as well.....

I think Sengun is a solid NBA player already with great potential to evolve into a great player in the NBA! BUT.....I digress

Go Rockets!!!

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

It will be fun watching Green, Bari and Sengun wreck the negativity in this room.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol this simply isn't true. There are Sengun only fans that **** on guys like Green and KPJ. Especially in the Twitter verse

Dobbizzle and maj21 like this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is exactly one guy who does that. He already got banned here.

clos4life likes this.
  15. maj21

maj21 Member

I meant you’re right ** I think you’re making fair points. Let’s see what Ime can do bc Silas was god awful. I also believe Sengun is one the worst defenders at center I’ve ever seen in my life. I don’t even think Ime can help him, but let’s see though! If I’m wrong a year from now, I’ll own it.

BamBam likes this.
  16. maj21

maj21 Member

And Jabari! Bc he yelled at Sengun a few times

17. maj21

maj21 Member

Bullshit, you’re one of em lol

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Bullshit, I like everyone on the team except KPJ and Nix.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's going to be genuinely hilarious watching his coaching vs. Silas' and knowing that we truly wasted 3 years of potential development letting a total clown show run the team.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Stone did, however, offer one qualifier. Whoever the Rockets add to the roster does need to mesh with the vision of new head coach Ime Udoka, which lends credence to previous reports that have suggested Udoka will have a fairly large say in personnel moves.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...them&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

While on the surface, it sounds like Stone is offering clarity, in truth, he is sidestepping a contradiction.

Its either the guy Ime wants OR best available. While the two could be same, they also (more likely to me) could be different.

#1140 jim1961, Jun 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    Rudyc281 and DreamShook like this.