1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, to be clear. I went through what you are going through now, but decades ago. I voted against Nixon and Reagan, supported Bobby Kennedy and have a vivid memory of the night he died. We put two kids through college and I've been retired for many years. They have good careers, thank goodness. One a lead software engineer, the other in animation. I have more time than some to post down here, but don't post as much as I used to. D&D just isn't as interesting, and the trolling gets more and more difficult to plow through.

I worry about the world our kids will face years after I'm gone. It bothers me that I read so much negativity here from independents and what I have to assume are Democrats, although few, aside from myself, openly admit to being a Democrat. What realistic choice is there? There isn't one, unless someone supports the extremists like trump or DeSantis (which essentially makes them extremists), either actively, or supporting them by either sitting at home on election day or wasting a vote on the Greens or the Libertarians. I used to consider myself an Independent, but figured out that it was a waste of my time. Who was I kidding, except myself?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. astros123

astros123 Member

@Astrodome @Salvy

Border numbers are down 70% yet every republican governor paints the border as wide open even though the biden rules are much tougher than Trump.

Republican leaders treat their base as utter morons. It's a tragedy how brainwashed America is. It's sad that Republicans leaders have to inject fear and lies to their base. Like why?

Why not celebrate numbers are down and less people are coming? Why is it always scary scary news?

#2083 astros123, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The numbers being down does not mean they are good. You are a broken record mixed with a broken clock.

Salvy likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

It's not a good thing that numbers are down 70% and at the lowest point of the administration? Why in the world would you not be happy there's major progress instead of spewing fear and lies? Man your type of thinking is what's wrong with this nation and why it's so partisan. Toxicity has destroyed every fiber of this nation.

Insanity

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

This man does not understand that losing control of the border and then scattering to try and fix the problem they caused is no bueno.....

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What lies did I post? You are the most toxic poster on Clutchfans but we roll with it.

Bidensanity.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Woke is woke
    You are better off convincing chickens to fly

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

chickens do fly, just saying

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Look what happens when we cross their border 3 times

@Os Trigonum

11. astros123

astros123 Member

@Astrodome hey troll. Border numbers down to lowest point in the biden admin. Funny how you don't hear about it from anyone.

12. Xopher

Xopher Member

The GOP doesn't want to end the "border crisis". It could be ended in a few months. Fine the hell out of businesses who employ them. Serious fines. That's it. If they can't find jobs then they won't come. The problem is the GOP doesn't want to do anything. They want the cheap labor. I am not advocating for this. I'm just saying how it could be ended.

13. astros123

astros123 Member

Border apprehensions are almost at the same levels as Trumps....

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I guess when its over, we will be able to compare bidens #s to Obama's and decide who handled it better. Maybe it will be your guy.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am happy that the #s are down. No one can survive this heat. It will be 103 on Juneteenth in Houston.

16. Xopher

Xopher Member

That's why "border crisis" is in quotes...

astros123 likes this.
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

Have you ever been to Mexico ?

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, I used to visit every year. So much since 2000

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Not a problem in Abbot's Texas. Just keep them in tents in the hot sun or freezing cold.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks btch about illegal immigrants but hired them anyways for cheap labor.

If we really cared about the border we would have solved it or make it a nonissue already. The strongest nation in the world can't stop illegal aliens?
    Sure.

The texas governor just uses it for politics stunts. He's been governor for how many years and hasn't solve the problem? He's incompetent just like the rest of the Republicans the Texans voted in.

Look how long it took the republicans to even charge the Texan state attorney General blatant corruption

#2100 DatRocketFan, Jun 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2023