1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. xaos

xaos Member

How incredibly stupid this would be to make decisions that could affect our future talent profile this much based on Harden coming back

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t trust Tilman and Stone…Ime Udoka might be in lockstep with them as well, who knows

xaos likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope and pray that if we have a chance of getting Henderson, the FO won't pass up on him because they can sign Harden. That would be even dumber than trading for Westbrook. But that kind of stupidity is not beyond Tilman.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The wings/forwards make more sense for the Rockets than guards who can't shoot no matter what Harden does.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Signing Harden is a stop gap measure, there should be NO moves associated with Harden, we should stay the course of finding pieces to accelerate our core 4.

DD

Rocketeer, cml750, randerson and 2 others like this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

Ime is my true hope that solid decisions are made here. I'm not out on Stone yet simply because we've been operating as a tanking team and so it's hard to truly evaluate the decisions that have been made. Now that we have transitioned to trying to win I'll be more critical of each move.

7. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah man if that were to happen or if we turned down some 4 & 20 FRP deal for #2 because of Harden I don't know how I'll take it.

Jontro, Easy and cbass like this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

100%

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know if they sold Ime Okey-Doka on the idea of coaching here based on his babysitting skills. More established teams would have hired him: "So he likes ass, who doesn't? He knows he's on a short leash now."

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not how it works, some might see banging hookers as a "stop gap measure" but you still have to take the chlamydia that comes with it. The same goes for Harden.

randerson likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But Harden would be that mentor like CP3 was to OKC. He's going to unleash Sengun with all those pick and rolls and give KPJ and Green those open threes.

Its going to be like Jokic and Kobe

12. mightybosstone

If they stay at 4 and take Whitmore, Walker, Ausar, etc., I'm fine with it. But it needs to be based on who they think is likeliest to pan out long-term, not who fits best next to a 34-year-old. I'd like to give them credit that they're not thinking that way, but ownership and the front office haven't earned that confidence.

Aruba77 and xaos like this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

There’s good mentors and bad mentors. I remember ewhen Allen Iverson came to Denver and he did his thing but he wasn’t the best influence on a young Jr smith and Carmelo Anthony. Billups had to come in and teach them to be better professionals

Bobbythegreat, Jontro and xaos like this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

I don't disagree with this, but if the report is true (which I never believe any report completely) then it seems Harden does influence their pick, which would be extremely dumb.

mightybosstone likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, the organization went that way before and got left high and dry, it's true. But if they know Harden will be here--IF--then they do need to think things such as, How will Harden and Green co-exist? The former plays sporadic defense and the latter plays dementia defense.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is literally the purpose of pursuing Harden

YOLO likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Double edged sword really as Jalen Green said in the PG13 podcast.

He sets up teammates perfectly but by doing so young players are not going through the grind and hardships as they should in order to face difficulties.

Makes it easy to fill up the stat sheet.

Also his nonchalant, aloof body language is not what people should emulate on the court.

He is more of a Silas, Nash, MDA type of player, those coaches love free flowing system and relying on PGs.

#3437 daywalker02, May 31, 2023
    Last edited: May 31, 2023
    MystikArkitect and xaos like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden has never been a leader anywhere, and is hardly a mentor to anyone.

DD

Bobbythegreat, Maxgx and bro2044 like this.
  19. MystikArkitect

Washington looks like a team tailor made for an aging Harden. Going nowhere and Beal/Kuzma are the perfect complements to his game. Just hire D'Antoni and the Wizards will win 52 games next year with Harden/Beal/Kuz.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some team that can absorb chaos because Udoka has the task to minimize the Chaos Stephen Silas left over.

Harden brings more chaos off the court than tranquility on the court.

And Harden will take time off spending with his relatives.