1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You don't see me pushing Jaylen Brown

I see him as a number 2 at best......I've equated that to when
    Chad Johnson was a #1 receiver and TJ Houshmandzadah was flying
    under the radar with Cincinnati Bengals and tricked the Seattle
    Seahawks in to thinking he was a #1 receiver. Epic Fail.

But again you are only thinking offense. You want the Rockets to
    get 3-point shooters to get Sengun spacing in the post. I say
    get those same 3-point shooters to open up lanes for multiple
    players in Jalen Green, Jabari, Harden, KPj, Tari.

I don't need the non shooting Sengun. Sengun doesn't open up lanes
    for others on offense. And everyone has to leave their assignments
    defensively to help Sengun and his lack of speed.

You are not going to convince me otherwise and I won't convince you to
    get off Sengun.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

He will have more turnovers. He can't initiate an offense. I have never seen a lead guard lose his dribble while being guarded by a stationary big man like Brown did in the 4th. Brown literally dribbles worse than Ariza.

coachbadlee and pippendagimp like this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Brown needs to be the 3rd best offensive plsyer snd 2nd best perimeter defender on a title team. Thst being said he has a unique skill set in being elite in that role..

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

If that's the case nothing we offer will be accepted. Start developing the young guns with a real coach and try to overcome the last 3 years of wasted development.

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He's All-NBA second team. His value is not going to drop because of one bad game.

OremLK likes this.
  7. Ancient Moabite

Exactly, the 7 games postseason series really is a seesaw affair

It took Brown a 82 game season to get all NBA second team and no 7 game series is going to up nor kill his value, he is who he is at this stage of career

Even if had dropped 70 in game seven against Heat the Mavs/Bucks/Nuggets would not be lining up to trade their supermax player for him

Brown is another and latest example of a player developing nicely and the team that drafted him showed patience letting that happen, and Brown was lucky as well being drafted by a legend franchise and has been fortunate to play in many meaningful playoff games at just 25 or so yrs old

clos4life and OremLK like this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, this is something I've been thinking about this whole thread. Brown isn't buy a low candidate because he had one or a few bad games in the playoffs, front offices don't think that way. That's a fan thing.

A buy low candidate is like KPJ throwing soup at people or maybe Jaden McDaniels taking himself out of the playoffs entirely by breaking his hand punching a wall. Stuff like that

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Respectfully, you trust him because “he took” a talented team far one year? He has less coaching experience than Silas. I have good feelings about him, but people act like he’s proven something. Much like players who have a good year; you have to do it in consecutive seasons to be considered a star or in this case a good coach.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He might not be an excellent coach. We just don’t know yet, but there is no way he will be as bad as Silas. Who in fact is the worst HC in league history.

AroundTheWorld, cml750 and clos4life like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No.... Please don't compare Silas' neptiosm entrance into being a assistant coach to Udoka having an actual NBA career and through that NBA career being offered an assistant coaching role.

The later is actual valid experience.

cml750 likes this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

While he did make 2nd team, that’s only because guys like durant and kawhi didn’t play enough games. He’s not ACTUALLY an all nba 2nd team level player.

jordnnnn likes this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Agreed. He deserved a spot in all nba this season but his second team nomination isn’t exactly representative of his standing amongst his peers in the league. Injuries at the forward spot league wide this year bumped some players up in the all nba discussion for sure.

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The supermax salary is irrelevant to the Rockets.

The supermax extension is worth an additional $100M to Brown. If he signs the extension then he can't be traded for 1 year. Boston is the only team that can offer Brown a super max contract.

Because of that, either Boston would have to not offer the supermax or Brown would have to turn it down in order to be traded to Houston.

Brown getting the supermax and also getting traded can't happen this offseason.

Boston may or may not believe that they can win a title with Tatum/Brown but obviously they're close. They would have to feel that any trade for Brown would have to give them a better chance at a title than keeping Brown would. I don't believe that Boston would be interested in any trades where young non-stars or draft picks were the centerpiece. It doesn't make sense on their timeline.

Boston's in a tough spot. It's going to be difficult for them to get a player who gives them a better chance than keeping Brown does but Tatum is also Supermax eligible next year and both those guys on supermax would put a strain on their salary cap.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Brown gets the supermax and stays in Boston at least one more year. Then after next season, Boston can trade him if they don't feel that he and Tatum can get them a title.

It will be interesting to see what the Celtics end up doing.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

All time low, but we still getting raped! Nah I think we should pass.

cml750 likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

How do you figure? Boston will either sign Brown or signal they are looking for offers, in which case why would nothing be accepted?

We can develop the young guns with a real coach but what rule or law states that any of them will actually be better than Brown?

17. Risingred

Risingred Member

First of all, Celtics will sign Brown the super max, and we are just discussing a scenario that isn't going to happen. Second, we shouldn't value our players too high as our group has not accomplished anything. As bad as JB has been playing lately, he is the All-NBA second team player and went to the conference final 5 times in the past 7 years. People were reacting like the end of the world if we gave up Tari. Seriously? Third, While it's true that you are only giving up cap space for Harden, yet the cap space in the new CBA is ultimately important. Every team has two slots for the super max, and each will consume about 35 percent of the team's cap space. Unless the Rockets is willing to go to the 2nd apron to re-sign our own young players, we just have no cap space to do anything else. That's why if you have a chance to get a better star, you go get it, especially nowadays wings are more important than the point guards. I wouldn't mind getting both Harden and Brown, provided if Harden would accept something like 2 + 1 team option. The problem is if he's willing to do that, why did he opt out? Everything is pointing to the direction that Harden wants to sign a long term deal, and the Rockets will probably give him 2 + 1 player option because we need to overpay to get a good player this offseason considering how bad we were in the past few seasons. I'm not a homer so don't tell me the Houston is a favorite FA destination blah blah blah, just be realistic that's likely the case and Harden will be 37 years old when he finished the contract. Brown will only be 30 by the end of the contract if we are able to trade and sign him for a 4-year deal. That's why I'm more inclined to have Brown than Harden, if I have to pick the poison.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

If they aren't we'll worry about that then. I like Brown but he ain't prime time Lebron. He ain't even prime time Harden.

19. xaos

xaos Member

Could someone confirm that if we really wanted Brown and Boston didn't want to give him the supermax we essentially could trade anything Boston is willing to accept? Ex: with our cap situation we don't need to match, right?

We could in theory trade a 2nd round pick for Brown (yes, I know... 0% chance Boston accepts, just for academic purposes)

20. dmoneybangbang

Well sure... if Brown was prime Harden then Boston wouldn't be thinking about not resigning after a bad playoff series.

However, just constantly waiting to hit on a top 5 player may leave the team in a constant state of limbo.