1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

my hair is on fire!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thegary, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's the December 12, 2018 NY Times article cited in Turley's piece. Turley (or his NY Post editors) could have been a little more grammatically precise, I will grant you that. But you are just WAY off base otherwise.

A Chinese Tycoon Sought Power and Influence. Washington Responded.
    Ye Jianming courted the Biden family and networked with former United States security officials. Today, his empire is crashing down in court.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/business/cefc-biden-china-washington-ye-jianming.html

relevant excerpt:

He struck billions of dollars’ worth of deals in Russia, Eastern Europe and Africa. He sought business with war-torn places like Chad and with international pariahs like North Korea.

Ye Jianming, a fast-rising Chinese oil tycoon, ventured to places only the most politically connected Chinese companies dared to go. But what he wanted was access to the corridors of power in Washington — and he set out to get it.

Soon, he was meeting with the family of Joseph R. Biden Jr., who was then the vice president. He dined with R. James Woolsey Jr., a former Central Intelligence Agency director and later a senior adviser to President Trump. He bestowed lavish funding on universities and think tanks with direct access to top Washington leaders, looking for the benefits access can bring. He asked one former American security official: If he bought oil fields in Syria, could the former official persuade the American military not to bomb them?

That effort has unraveled. Mr. Ye is in Chinese custody and is under investigation for unspecified crimes. The trial and conviction in New York last week of one of his top lieutenants, Patrick Ho, showed that company officials used bribery to win oil and energy contracts in Africa. {emph. added}
    more at the link

#1041 Os Trigonum, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I stopped believing anything he said after the first time Tinman and him started circle jerking. Obvious double account for an unfunny attention w****.

dmoneybangbang and astros123 like this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

I respect @Commodore cuz you just know he's a partisan hack. @Os Trigonum @basso the show they put on pretending their non partisan hacks when they post nothing but right wing propoganda.

It blows my mind that others here don't see through the bullshit. They're all going vote for trump in 24.

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

for a couple of nobodies who don't care about Hunter Biden, you both seem to spend an AWFUL lot of time in this thread

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Or, and this is just my own crazy theory, the sentence means that Joe Biden was vice president when the China deal happened, and not when the article was published in 2018.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

Which China deal? The deal when ivanka trump got 30+ trademarks approved the same month when trump approved the trade deal with china worth tens of billions?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...on-china-trademarks-donald-trump-zte-reversal

The reason why I come in here to laugh at @Os Trigonum is cuz he's a partisan hack dressing up to be a impartial poster. He doesn't give a **** about corruption or fraud. He's a con

dobro1229 likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read that piece and it says that it’s not clear whether Hunter Biden did make a deal with Ue. Also while Ye reached out to James Biden while he was in trouble it doesn’t sound like James Biden did anything to help.

The article states that Ye was trying to curry favor in Washington with people connected to both Republicans and Democrats.

Nook likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

LOL..... remember when @Os Trigonum claimed NYT was state media...... These idiots lie to live.

dobro1229, adoo and astros123 like this.
  10. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Based on GOP logic Hunter Biden screwed up by not being part of the administration when he made all his money.

dobro1229 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. StupidMoniker

Probably one that involved Hunter Biden, so no.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Is it weird? Maybe? On one hand if you are willing to go public and do an interview, why won’t he speak to the Senate? On the other hand, he doesn’t have to and it is possible that he just doesn’t want to go through it.

He is a registered Republican and his lawyer is a well known supporter or conservative causes.

We will find out- I am very skeptical of the motivations of people, especially those in power- but I suspect they will not prove any wrong doing by the Biden Administration on this issue.

I will also admit that there is some circumstantial evidence about the motivations of the whistle blower that is at least interesting.

#1052 Nook, May 31, 2023
    Last edited: May 31, 2023
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Where exactly was this interview given Nook and what bombshell info did he reveal during the interview?

Im sure theres nothing weird about a republican who wants to leak info on the presidents son refusing to talk to the opposing probe. Sure nothing weird at all about it that he retains a right wing nut job as a lawyer.

Nothing weird at all that the last GOP whistleblower was known to be paid by the Trump campaign lawyer Kash Patel. Or the whistleblower after that was fired by the FBI for being involved in january 6.

Its amazing how disinformation works in real time.

You people realize ivanka trump made THREE HUNDREAD MILLION DOLLARS. Jared kushner got a 2 billion dollar investment from saudi government. The saudi government right now is paying trump to host their tournments in broad daylight without even hiding the corruption.

Ivanka and Jared were OFFICAL EMPLOYEES of the government.

#1053 astros123, May 31, 2023
  14. StupidMoniker

Yes, they are also corrupt. Both parties receive tons of money from sources both foreign and domestic in exchange for access. I think the golf courses thing is a bit of a stretch, seeing as Trump is not in office, but sure, throw that in too, maybe the Saudi's think he will be reelected and are trying to get in his good graces. Throw them all in jail. I don't know why you think saying, "But what about Trump?" I never was a Trump supporter. None of their corruption excuses Biden's corruption.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

Its funny how everyone calls hunter biden a biden yet somehow nobody calls trumps kids by his last name. Theres zero evidence that joe biden is linked to any of this at all. Theres not one shred of evidence that biden is corrupt himself. Trump is literally hosting saudi golf tournaments RIGHT NOW. Joe biden never hosted tournaments or whatever other corrupt stuff trump is doing. Its not even remotely close

You people who "both sides" everything are crazy

#1055 astros123, May 31, 2023
  16. StupidMoniker

There is evidence, you just either don't find it satisfactory or you are ignoring it. When Hunter's emails say, "10% held for the Big Guy" and his partner says the Big Guy is Joe Biden, that is what we in the biz call evidence. Joe Biden doesn't own golf courses, so it would be hard for him to hold tournaments. Also, is it corruption for a former President to hold golf tournaments? People call Trump's kids Trumps all the time. I don't know what you are talking about there. I don't know who "both sides" everything. I just see corruption and call it out. To me, you partisans that think your group is innocent and the other side is corrupt are crazy (or lying, or stupid).

Astrodome likes this.
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL your evidence is that, "10% for the big guy." And the guy who claimed it was Biden said it himself he never saw Joe biden personally or has any evidence linking him. There's not a shred of physical evidence linking biden to anything. Your "evidence" is a joke and it shows how clueless you are. It wouldn't even be proper evidence for a search warrant.

This thread makes me laugh at stuff people post. Joe biden was the poorest member of congress for 40+ years. He was so broke that when his son was in the hospital for brain surgery Obama had to loan him money. People don't wake up one day and magically turn corrupt in their 70s as VPs.

Trump has decades and decades of ripping people off and committing fraud. Trump org just lost a huge lawsuit and has history of fraud. You people who both sides it are morons. Sorry for my language but you are if you think the two are the same you are moron

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The recent discussions also revolve around events when Joe Biden wasn’t in office either as we all agree he wasn’t VP or President in 2018.

Hunter Biden and it looks like James Biden certainly had questionable dealings and Joe Biden might’ve benefited from them. Neither Hunter or James were in office. Contrast that to that many of Ivanka Trump’s deals with the PRC were while Donald Trump was in office and she was given a high ranking position in the position in the government.

Sure you can say “both sides” do shady things but that the Trumps were doing actual shady things in office when they could and did directly affect US policy.

Nook, FranchiseBlade and ROCKSS like this.
  19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

And as most of us have said, if Hunter did ANYTHING wrong convict him, but this slow drip just so the media can keep saying HUNTER HUNTER HUNTER as the evil son needs to stop, put up or shut up. By the way, I never hear anyone say that if Ivanka or Jared did anything wrong they should convict them.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. StupidMoniker

If you think you wouldn't get a search warrant when you have someone's emails describing a deal and one of the principles says that the codename identified in the email is the target of the search, you don't know much about criminal law and procedure. Not only would you get a search warrant, you would more than likely get a criminal conviction.

If you find a guy's cell phone (say his name is Robert Johnson) with text messages talking about a drug deal and it says a 10% cut goes to T-Dogg, then one of the members of the gang flips and says T-Dogg is Terrance Johnson, the brother of the guy whose phone the info was found on, that is an incredibly strong case. Especially strong if you both have evidence that Robert Johnson was receiving money and that he made statements that he wasn't happy about having to give so much of his money to his brother.
    When you have more power and access to sell, it is easier to sell it. Being Vice President is more power and access than being the Senator from Delaware.
    They don't have to be the same to both be corrupt. Trump's activities prior to 2017 are irrelevant to the concept of his public corruption, because he wasn't in office.
    People misunderstood the sentance structure. The article came out in 2018. The activities happened while Biden was VP.
    It doesn't matter that Jim and Hunter were not in office. They weren't selling their own influence, they were selling the Big Guy's influence.
    Biden was in office. Also, 2/3 of the examples listed by @astros123 were after Trump left office (the golf tournaments, Kushner's money management). The one example that happened while Trump was President was the trademarks issued to Ivanka Trump in China. She had also received Trademarks before Trump ever became President, so at most she got them faster. It isn't a generic "both sides", it is specific allegations of corruption that are documented in Hunter Biden's own emails and corroborated by his own business partner (not to mention his own statements that he had to give half of his money to his dad).
    Didn't I just above say that they should all be thrown in jail?