1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2024 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Apr 19, 2022.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Answer that question and show us all why.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Conservatives take a beating every day coming here. But the liberals can't laugh at themselves.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They take a beating? Really?

The ones who post the most either crank out an endless amount of fantasies or outright lies, and when asked to provide actual information to back them up, simply disappear until they pump out the next post of nonsense, acting like they never made the previous post and were never asked to back it up.

So they are taking a "beating?" Really?

Then you have the conservatives who support the far-right and the lies by giving those posts a "like," and when it's pointed out that they are supporting that extremism, ardently deny it. In other words, they are being dishonest. When this sort of thing, which happens here every day, is pointed out as I am doing now, that's "beating them up?" Seriously? I disagree. I think it's pointing out dishonesty, pointing out the spamming of the forum with it.

The dishonesty of the cut and paste nonsense from an obscure source, followed by an "lol" and nothing else when a member makes the effort to dissect how wrong the other member's "opinion" is that isn't his opinion? Then, when asked for his own honest opinion instead of the cut and paste, again gets that "lol" and nothing else - well, I'm not seeing this beating you're talking about, JV.

I'm seeing endless spamming of D&D by the far-right that's typically not getting in return the kind of response that it deserves. I'll add that they don't see any of this "beating" you're talking about as a negative response at all. They see it as the "reward" for their trolling. In my opinion, of course.

ROCKSS, Andre0087 and Newlin like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t care that much about the title. It will just look silly if the Democrats win again.

5. astros123

astros123 Member

Jesus christ WTF?! These people wanna run for POTUS?

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I mean, why the hell not?? If you've got the financial wherewithal for it, it's a grifter's wet dream.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

Throwing hot noodles at someone is some bat **** insane stuff. Seriously WTF? You can give someone 3rd degree burns. Seriously WTF that's psyco behavior

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Have you ever heard her speak?? Throwing hot noodles at someone seems par for the course. She's got more than a few screws loose.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Ehh, still better than Trump.

Amiga and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That anchor looks and sounds like Shepard Smith.

Do they really all look alike?

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I doubt he will run but I like Hakeen Jeffries, we need some new blood and the dems need to start getting a few folks in line. I don't want K Harris, not that she has done anything bad, I just don't care for her at this point. I am a huge fan of Cory Booker, I don't know enough about Gavin Newsome to comment, he looks like your typical politician. I love uncle Pete, that dude is awesome and I have seen him in interviews on fox where he stands up for what he believes in, unfortunately in this climate, I am not sure I would want him to run for his own sanity, the maga and extremists would make his life miserable. Warren and Klobucher........boring. G Whitmer, she seems like she has her **** together but I dont know enough about her.

My top 3
    Jeffries
    Booker
    Uncle Pete

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I think Gretchen Whitmer would be a great choice. A two time winner in a purple state who guided her state through some serious issues like the pandemic and the Flint water crisis and faced down the extremes of the Rightwing but also isn’t seen as a hard core lefty.

Several national issues notably abortion are also very female focussed and given how large the gender gap is between the parties this would be a great opportunity for Democrats to nominate a women.

For 2024 all of this is predicated on if something happens to Biden. Biden’s old but I still think it’s unlikely something health wise sidelines him. I do think if for some reason Trump drops out (also very unlikely) then Biden might step aside.

At the moment it still looks most likely 2024 is a rematch or 2020
    And yes @Astro123 it does look likely I will be paying my bet.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

Why would trump step aside when hes literally fighting for his freedom.......

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

18. astros123

astros123 Member

You Jeffries is owned by wall street right? Do some research on him and you'll be disappointed. He's a corporate tool

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

As I said unlikely but unlikely things have happened.

One possibility I could see if it was part of some legal plea deal that involved him agreeing not to run for office.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

more on Newsom

California Gov. Gavin Newsom: The Groomed-From-Birth Leftist Who Expects To Be President
    If lefty globalists were to spawn the perfect politician in a vat, Gavin Newsom would emerge from the goo.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/26/california-gov-gavin-newsom-the-groomed-from-birth-leftist-who-expects-to-be-president/

excerpt:

Make no mistake, the mounting evidence of bribery surrounding President Joe Biden and his family can only be buried one way: an admission of his major cognitive decline, necessitating his dropping out of the 2024 race.

The only factors keeping him in the White House are the need to keep up the charade (else Biden prematurely become a lame duck), the fear of Vice President Kamala Harris’ utter lack of qualification or disposition for the job of president, and the desire of Biden’s staff to extract every last drop of grift — like ticks burrowed into presidential power.

When Biden’s handlers drop the pretense, the race for the Democratic nomination will be a short, intense sprint, favoring those with existing name ID, money, connections, and ideologies acceptable to the ascendant left-wing of the Democratic Party. The winner will be California Gov. Gavin Newsom.
    more at the link