1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think so. I think ude has signaled what the fo is thinking. Supplemental vets to support our core which o believe they think of as kpj, green, sengun, Jabari, and tari. The fa class is better next year and the draft is weaker. I think they keep #4 and add a vet pg not named harden, vanfleet, or dame and a backup pf/c with post defense. Maybe some sharp shooters for the bench. Sengun will be the pg in the half court.

amaru and Shark44 like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

And that would mean the cap is also going up. Contracts aren’t going up in a vacuum.

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need a veteran PG on this team, even if we sign Pat Beverly. If we do not get Harden but I believe Harden is a done deal…

we will sign Pat Beverly, Grant Williams or Cam Johnson and draft or sign a interior defender. Also, hopefully draft Amen Thompson.

PatBev likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol the Spurs will have 37 million and they will either sign Grant or Cam Johnson with Wemby.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen for jaylen

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I wouldn’t do that. We have 2 years invested in Green. I will concede the likely outcome is that Green ends up equal to or worse than Brown after 6 years. However, I think it’s pretty clear with the ceiling is on Brown at this point and we just don’t know one green it’s worth fleshing out for another 1.5 seasons after that I think we’re gonna have a pretty decent idea.. That being said, he will only be 24 at that point so it is hard.

If we were to add Brown, we definitely need harden or some other shot creator to generate offense for him.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Damn! I never seen nor heard that before but being compared to Slo - Mo. Lol

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Damn! I never seen nor heard that before but being compared to Slow - Mo. Lol

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If we were to hypothetically do this trade then we'd have to offer Jalen Green. They aren't taking KPJ and Stone wouldn't trade Jabari after the first season. Not when his stock isn't as high as it should be as of yet. If Jabari's 3pt shot starts falling at ease then teams might entertain the offer and by then we'll most likely say no. I don't mind going after Jaylen Brown in that he seems to be a strong 2 way player. He isn't someone I build a team around though. He's a very good beta to an extremely good alpha which we do not have yet.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

BMoney and Shark44 like this.
  13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yea I hear ya. I’m pretty open to a deal centered around the 4th pick and Eason if Boston wants. Honestly, I wouldn’t give up much more. Maybe I could get talked into a Brooklyn pick.

I really like our 5 main young guys we just have to understand how young they are and how bad Silas was overall. I like Brown as a 2 way guy for sure.

Sengun
    Smith
    Brown/Eason
    Green/KPJ
    Harden/Thompson

has me very intrigued as an 8 man core.

14. Xopher

Xopher Member

I'm not giving up much for a 1 year rental. There is no guarantee he would sign an extension and OP is talking about giving up Jabari? Cocaine is a helluva drug...

BMoney and clos4life like this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

welp... if u trust Ime... then why dont u trust that he knows who he wants - and doesnt need direction?

lol

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

I ain't trading anyone when next year we can try to snatch JB in FA. Instead, let's see what we got after 1 year of real coaching.

Believe It! and roslolian like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tilman can't pay him that unless it's a SnT. There won't be a SnT unless Rox got massively ripped off. Hopefully Tilman won't be dumb enough to give a grandfather offer and then overpay for Brown.

amaru likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Brown is never hitting FA..........

19. Ancient Moabite

He has 295 mill reasons not to, as long as the feeling is mutual with his current sponsors

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One question. If Jaylen Brown comes to Houston, is he going to bring those turnovers with him?